1930 Dodge Brothers 1 Ton

farrellg

I have a 1930 (We believe) Dodge Brothers 1 Ton. Serial D229XXX. It came with 4 cylinder Silver dome engine. However, I believe the carb has been swapped and the air cleaner is missing. Can anyone tell me what the correct carburator for that engine might have been? And where I might find one?

- George

• 1 year later...

I am restoring a 28 Dodge Bros. Mine is the 3/4 ton "E" series Screenside. The frame is flat with no arches at the end.

I also purchased a 31 dodoge bros for parts and was it identical to the 28 frame except the headlights were more streamlined. This is a bit of a mystery.

Both frame #'s start with a "S". This means they were build in Stockton CA.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Iam in California and most the trucks out here have the "S" prefix on the ftame horn.

The big problem with these trucks that the cab used wood for framework. If the truck was not garaged the wood ruts out. Fortunitly all my sheet metal was in good shape. I was able to fabricate the wood from white oak.

The parts truck did not have a complete cab and I do not know what model it was. I do know it was a 3/4 ton.

The truck I am restoring was a sceenside. I have choose to enclose the cab a convert to a stakeside.

I have some patterns but most was built from sratch. I will post some pictures later. I am in Sacramento CA if you care to see what I have.

yeah, i am in the same boat. the roof is gone except for one template on passenger side. hopefully the wood on the sides is good enough for a template. i will probably will have to do some from scratch also.yes i would like to see what you are willing to share and thanks for the offer. carl.

I am restoring a 28 Dodge Bros. Mine is the 3/4 ton "E" series Screenside. The frame is flat with no arches at the end.

The quarter windows appear to be larger then your truck.

I also purchased a 31 dodoge bros for parts and was it identical to the 28 frame except the headlights were more streamlined. This is a bit of a mystery.

Both frame #'s start with a "S". This means they were build in Stockton CA.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I will attempt to send some photos.

All wood is white oak.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-71470-143138739531_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739536_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739541_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739545_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739549_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739554_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739557_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739561_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143138739566_thumb.jpg

post-71470-14313873957_thumb.jpg

hey those are nice pics. that helps out when you can see what it is suppose to look like. your cab is slightly different from mine. i bought a box screen seat from a 31 that had benn rat rodded. he also had fenders and running boards for sale but they where different then mine.he also had a steering gear box with wheel and light switch lever and horn button. mine has the light switch lever and spark advance lever also. the fenders and running boards on the 31 was fat and slendered down as the running baord came to an end. not sure what all parts enterchange on these trucks, but i know parts aren't easy to come by. those pics say alot, thanks. carl