1911 buick numbers

Guest jeff schreiner

Guest jeff schreiner

I would like to direct this question to Dave Corbin or any one else. I have a 1911 buick model 27. Frame # is 1488 , Body # is 883. Engine # is 1939. I would like to find out if they are original 1911. any history? car does have front door. I heard these where an option on 1911 model 27. They came as steel. Which mine are.I bought this car at an auction on saturday so I dont know anything about it. Any help would be graet. Jeff Schreiner

According to Standard Catalog of Buick, an 1911 Model 27 should have a frame number between 1 and 400, with and engine number from 1 to 405 - that doesn't make sense since they lump the models 26 and 27 together and there were 1000 model 26 and 3000 model 27 built. It could make sense to have a typo with 400 where 4000 should be, in which case your number makes sense. It is similar with the engine number. If I recall from Dave C's prior posts is that things were batched, so seeing a disparity in numbers wouldn't be a concern, but he is the man who can confirm.

It should have a 106" wheelbase with 32x3.5 tires, a 210 cid four with a dark blue body and white wheels. The book concurs with Mark's response about options.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Guest jeff schreiner

thanks for all the info. everyone. Does anyone know what model in 1911 had a front door on passenger side and drivers side is non operating. If I where to remove door and drivers panel it looks exactly like model 27. They definately look like they where added from factory. Where can I get pictures and lit. on a model 27. Wheelbase , colors and motor are right. Also I have a valve that sticks open when the engine warms up. Does it easily remove from the top of the cylinder ? I removed the locking nut on top , should it pull out as an assembly ? Or is there an easy fix ? for now that is it. Jeff

Guest jeff schreiner

Thanks everyone for your help. Dave Corbin did get back to me and says it appears to be a numbers correct 1911 model 27. Also while digging through the boxes of stuff that came with the car I found what appears to be an original sales brochure. It has a brown cover and gold lettering that says , BUICK 1911 MOTOR CARS It lists all 1911 models for the 27 it says towards the bottom . FULL FORE DOOR MODEL AVAILABLE FOR 1200.00 . I also found a copy of the parts and price guide for 1911 model 26 and 27. It lists every part, price and part number for the car. It also has the telegraph codes to use when ordering parts. Apparantly you could not teletype numbers. In this book it lists all the parts needed to add front doors. So I guess even though not listed as an option front doors on a 1911 model 27 where available. Interesting stuff in that book. Jeff Schreiner

Fall Creek , wi.

1911 model 27