Crack Attack

Guest Craig57

Guest Craig57

Driving down the road on a beautiful Wisconsin afternoon when all of a sudden I notice a crack in the plastic piece between the dash pad and the windshield. It was not there yesterday. I guess I hit a pothole and this was the cause. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get the piece from Jim Finn or elsewhere,but how hard will this be to replace. Also while the thing is apart is there anything I should address while its in pieces. Thanks alot folks. Craig:confused:

I had this happen on my coupe many years ago and was told by the guy that did my headliner that it is from the cowl shake even on the coupe. I had it repaired and you could not tell it from new. The guy that did it said it was real brilttle and he had to be very carefull. Talk to one of the parts guys in newsletter as I think there are some hidden screws at the vents that are hard to get to. Some body chime in her who has done the work. Good luck

Go to Ronnies website and there is a removal sequence written by some guy named Dave. You might want to pull your dash inverter loose and push it down thru the wires behind the dash so that when it fails you won't have to take these same parts off again.

Other then that, there is not much else to deal with.

Manik-

You aren't getting rid of black beauty too are you? Say it ain't so! Also, if you have no other interest in the black dash pad, I would be interested. Please PM me if the part is not already spoken for.

Thanks!

KDirk