What's your funniest story, sitting at a show.......

trimacar

Was at a cruise night with the 1934 Packard Touring and a man comes up and asks me what kind of car it was and I responded "A Packard". He seemed confused and walked away. About 10 minutes later he came back and said, "I know you said it was a Packard, but what is it, a Ford, Chevy?" I Said, "Its a Packard. Packard Made Packard". I pointed to the hubcap. He got angry and walked away.

While trailering my 1914 Overland down to Hershey, the US Customs agent asked me who the original owner was. Fortunately, "I have no idea" was a good enough answer for him.

When people ask about the speedometer drive gears on brass-era cars, I like to tell them it's auxilliary front wheel drive.

OK, one more from me.....my 1938 Packard has a radio in the dash, to the right of the speedometer, both nice big dials.

The speedometer, of course, has numbers from 0 to, umm, I think 100 or so.

The radio, being an AM model, has a dial from 55 to 180 or so.

So, when people ask what the second dial on the right is, I tell them it's the "high speed speedometer," since the one on the left, the "low speed speedometer," is not accurate above 100 mph.........

Guest dokks6t9

I let my father in law drive my then new 1985 Monte Carlo Super Sport.We were going down the road and he told me to take this POS back to the dealer as the speedometer was way off. I informed him he was looking at the tach........

David,

You really are a cut-up ---- I like the "high-speed speedometer"

Our 1930 Packard has its speedometer in Kilometers, since it was a European-Specification Model, having been delivered in Paris (France, not Texas or Kentucky). I would like to use the "high-speed", but the drum-type speedo only shows "0" when stopped.

On our way to Taos, NM with the '54 Caddy convertible for the VMCCA Chrome Glidden Tour, but wi take the '30 Packard to the Meets at Moline and Cheyenne.