Wharehouse Firetruck? Are these collected!

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Guest 40 Buick 51c

I ran across this Vehicle locally and can't find any history on them. It is based on a Wharehouse tug and custome built by a company that builds firetrucks between 1952-57. It is about 12 to 15 foot long and has a continental flathead six. Anyone know where I can find more info. Sorry for the photo quality only had my Iphone with me.

post-65465-143138247806_thumb.jpg

What was the fire engine builders name? SPAAMFAA is a fire equipment related club based nation wide. Perhaps they can lend more information.

Remember most fire equipment were custom built for the purchaser. Almost anything could be built for the purchaser.

Cool unit.

To answer your question yes, it is collectable and different too!

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Thanks for the lead msmazcol, can't remember the name of the company but will go check it out.

Larry, I believe that this unit came from the Michigan area and it was used in a large plant though I am not sure if it was automotive.

Anybody got any idea what would be a fair price for this type unit?

Seems like there is a collector for everything. Clark built a lot of the airport tugs and used a continetial engine in many of the things they produced. As for price??? Who knows. I'm sure someone would be interested though.

Clark is still in business.

CLARK Material Handling Company Dandy Dave!

Guest 40 Buick 51c

Thanks Randy, I agree it would be fun for a parade and wouldn't take much space to store.

Restorer32, doubt that it ever legally made that kind of trip, so would be more of one off curiosity piece.