What's a fair asking price? now with pictures!!!!

Guest rshack

Guest rshack

I've had a 71 Buick Skylark for about 20yrs and my cousin recently gave me a 70 Buick Skylark Custom with a transplanted 350 GS motor. Both are solid cars and have great 350hp+ engines. The 71 has a new interior but needs complete bodywork (Bondo bubbles), the 70 needs new upholstery and headliner and some minor rust repair and has fades/gouged exterior paint. Sadly, I need to part with both cars because I do not have the time of funds to get them to where they should be and leaving them sit in my yard is not going to do me or them any good. Hemmings indicates low price for skylark is $3500. I expect a Skylark with a GS motor should bring more than a regular skylark but not the $18K Hemmings indicates a gran sport brings. Anyway, I appreciate any advice I can get on the subject. Cars are located in central NY.

Edited by rshack (see edit history)

Guest 1hooligan

I agree, sitting outside, they tend to rust from the floor pans, up. Not runnning, quite honestly, I have a friend in upstate new york that runs a wrecking yard, they get lots for under $1000. saves what is good, and the rest goes to the crusher.

"GS" 350 in '70 was a 315hp (gross) 4bbl premium fuel version available in any Skylark for a few shiekels extra. In GS form it did have cold air induction but that was mainly the hood and air cleaner. Rare one would be coded for a four speed.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rshack

added some pictures.

car will pass NYS safety inspection with new tires and windshield.

This car 70 buick has front disc brakes (aftermarket of course), GS motor, A/C seems to work (waiting for a good hot day to verify). It was stored in a garage, so the frame and underside seem pretty good.

Pictures are attached, I tried to get all the "weak points" of the car. obviously the interior needs a good cleaning prior to listing.

post-68214-14313823475_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234752_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234753_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234755_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234756_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234757_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234758_thumb.jpg

post-68214-143138234759_thumb.jpg

post-68214-14313823476_thumb.jpg

FYI, it might not have aftermarket front disk brakes. Look at the brake pedal and if it says disk brakes it would be a factory option. I think disk brakes were a factory option on some cars starting in 1969 because my parents Skylark had factory disk brakes and it said it on the brake pedal.

Also the front side marker looks like a 1968 vehicle.

Guest cooperman5010

I am new to the forum and I have been looking at a 1924 dodge brothers truck that has been in a nice mans garage for 25 years. It's looks great and I wanted to add it to my little collection of cars. he said it used to be used in the fields in the south for tabacco picking. in great shape wood, body and the flat bed. I have been trying to look up but cannot find out enough about it to make a offer. can sorry direct me to a right spot.

coop

I am new to the forum and I have been looking at a 1924 dodge brothers truck...can sorry direct me to a right spot.

coop

On the main forum page scroll way down. There are a lot of forums dedicated to specific makes including one for Dodge trucks. Try posting it there.

Don