Many Hose Connections

autoluke

TexRiv

No offense taken...thank you for suggesting this danger, although the electric pump is mounted along the frame, and well aft of the engine compartment. As an alternative I am considering "hard" lines with only a few hoses where necessary. Phil

The only hose should be to allow for movement between the engine and the frame. Everything else should be hard lines.

Hard is good, however my 57 Buick uses rubber fuel line from the tank almost to the engine. It's run along the right outside frame rail and is secured with clips. But I agree multiples of barb fittings isn't so good.........Bob

I reviewed you previous posts and found your vacuum tank problem, perhaps you are over-engineering the system.

First I suggest removing the filter element in your glass bowl filter unit if you haven't already. This presents a restriction to flow and makes it harder for the vacuum tank to fill ( there may also be a fllter in the vacuum tank inlet). The unit can stay but just act as a sediment bowl. A short standpipe in the storage tank will do the same thing. If your storage tank has a removable outlet fitting, a 2" tube up into the tank will keep the flakes in the tank and only clean gas flowing out. This may be enough to relieve your problem.

If not, second.. Install a T in the gas line very near the storage tank and another at inlet to the vacuum tank. Connect the 2 Ts with fuel pump of your choice in the new line, no check valve needed or wanted. A push button switch will allow operation when need but not be forgotten and left on. The fuel pump will indeed be pumping in a circle! Lots of flow and little pressure to the vacuum tank, just what is needed.

Hope this helps.