Dual Quad info needed Please

Rich Morton

I posted this yesterday on Buick General Forum but have not had any response yet,so I've posted here in hopes that Riv people may interject. Hi Y'all.While looking online yesterday,I ran across an ad for a sale coming up soon in my neck O the woods.In the ad was pictured the air cleaner for a dual quad set up under the title of other things shown in the photo.Even though there was no real mention of any Buick parts being sold,I am of course on ALERT because of seeing the pic of the chrome dual quad cleaner.The place is said to be "stuffed",so I am hopeful that I will go to the sale and find the rest of the items to go along with the air cleaner.Even if only the air cleaner is there that will be a pretty good "score",and most likely will end up on this forum for sale.My question ;can any of you supply me with the relevant parts and parts numbers for everything which should be included? Any information I can get here will be very helpful.I think the sale is this Saturday,so I would like to receive any help before that.Thank You all for any assistance.Thanks Again,Rich<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Edited by Rich Morton (see edit history)

The timing was different on the 2x4 engines; they were timed at 12* rather than the 2-1/2* on the single four barrel car. Therefore, you'll want to pick up the distributor as well. The part number #1111058 will be stamped into the aluminum band around the shaft.

Ed

Hey Guys,Thank you so much for the fine info.I really appreciate it.I will be going tomorrow.I hope to get lucky and find all the parts without any one else on the same mission!.At this point I will be reselling any parts I buy.I could use them on my Skylark Gran Sport but I don't really have any desire.Thanks again,Rich

Well I went to the auction Saturday in hopes of finding treasure,but it was not to be.The only parts there were the dual snorkel air cleaner and the valve covers.Unfortunately the air cleaner which was pretty rough sold for $210 and the valve covers sold for $200.Don't feel too bad for me though,.......I did buy a gently used propane 80,000 Btu heater for $30,then went to another auction and bought a pretty nice '92 Riviera for $1500,which I will replace my '91 Caprice as my daily driver with.