AACA library

Guest 1930

I am looking again for a particular book and am wondering if there is any way that the library will tell me if they have it without charging me a fee. I think its at least 10 dollars a pop ( if not more, cant remember ) and it makes me sick paying that and then being told they dont have it.

I am assuming that it would be a lesser cost if I were to pay a membership fee ( I thought I was already a member but I guess not ) but I dont know how much that is and dont see anywhere on this site any informaion about what it costs.

Any suggestions?

On the "Home Page" click on "Library". When it opens you will see "Library" in the right column. Click on it and once open you will see "Request Form" at the very top. Below are the reasons there is a charge (501c 3 rules that are mandated for a non-profit) plus a request form.

In addition to the assistance Matt forwarded you can always phone the Library at 717-534-2082 and speak to our Library staff. NOTE: Search our archives on-line or ask the staff if they can readily identify the existence of the material in question.

Because we are a nonprofit corporation, our archival information and research services must be self-supporting. The following schedule reflects our fees in time and materials to fulfill your request. Please note, the processing fee must accompany this request form and be in US Dollars. We accept: major credit cards, PayPal, and checks made payable to the AACA Library.

Regards,

Peter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processing Fee $10.00 (this must accompany your request)

Research $30.00/hour* (chargeable in units of 10 minutes @ $5.00)

*PAID AACA MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE UP TO 1.5 HOURS OF RESEARCH FREE.

Copies b&w: $0.30/page

color: $0.50/page

Scans $1.00/page for color TIF & PDF

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

Thanks, I am looking for a wirebound ( supposedely ) book titled jacks and automotive accessories by Larry Olson, I guess ( from what I am told ) there were only 75 or so copies and self published but again that might be a load of you know what. The only guy that I know that has a copy isnt very interested in sharing its contents. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks, I am looking for a wirebound ( supposedely ) book titled jacks and automotive accessories by Larry Olson, I guess ( from what I am told ) there were only 75 or so copies and self published but again that might be a load of you know what. The only guy that I know that has a copy isnt very interested in sharing its contents. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1930...Check out the Library site or phone the Library tomorrow. As Matt mentioned in his post you could do an on-line search tonight, too. On the Library site there are instructions to search. If you do not find it, again, give the Library a phone call or e-mail: critter@aacalibrary.org

Regards,

Peter.

I think you are confusing membership on this forum with membership in the AACA itself. to become a member of this forum all you had to do was register and log in. you can just browse if you don't care to join. If you join the AACA organization it requires a dues payment of $35 and you would be welcomed enthusiastically.Then you could use the library for free among many other benefits and it would be less than the processing fee and a half hour time.

Dave is correct, 1930.

One addition: You do not have to be an AACA Member to use the Library services thus the fees apply. On the other hand Dave's input is on the mark: By joining the AACA one of the many benefits is 1 1/2 hours of free research time "per year".