1929 or 30 model A

Guest keithm

Guest keithm

For sale is a 29 or 30 Ford MODEL A sedan from Montana,it has been stored for the last 12 years.All that is there is the frame and body which is in very good shape for the age, there is no glass in it nor is there a title,this would make an excellent project. I am in the Pittsburgh area. pictures available

Price is $2,500

SOLD !!! SOLD !!! SOLD !!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT GUYS !

post-66852-143138193867_thumb.jpg

post-66852-143138193871_thumb.jpg

post-66852-143138193875_thumb.jpg

post-66852-143138193879_thumb.jpg

Edited by keithm
SOLD !!! SOLD!!! (see edit history)

It looks like a 29 headlight bar,everything else is late 30 or early 31. The column is hung from the tank so it isnt late 31.1937hd45 noted the 30 fender on the left but the right one seems to lack the splash apron nose so I think parts were just added as they were found and it could be a 31.Sadly, we all know where this car is headed.

I'm not a rodder, but....as it is shown, with a goodly percentage of it missing, and having parts from at least 4 different years, (wheels?) it exists now as a mongrel parts car, having only what's left after the stripping of its desireable "goodie" parts at some time. From a practical point of view, unless someone has a complete donor car with worse tin, the many missing parts that would have to be obtained to bring this back as a Model A would be better allocated to a more desireable body style. Better that it be rodded and saved in that way than allowed to return to dust.

I'm not a rodder, but....as it is shown, with a goodly percentage of it missing, and having parts from at least 4 different years, (wheels?) it exists now as a mongrel parts car, having only what's left after the stripping of its desireable "goodie" parts at some time. From a practical point of view, unless someone has a complete donor car with worse tin, the many missing parts that would have to be obtained to bring this back as a Model A would be better allocated to a more desireable body style. Better that it be rodded and saved in that way than allowed to return to dust.

Another alternative would be just to store the car in its present condition until restoration becomes feasible. Rodding is not the only way to save a car unworthy of restoration. I think "destroying it to save it" went out with Viet Nam didn't it? Rodding may be better than "allowing it to return to dust" but not as good as simple precervation in its current state, don't you agree?

the majority of the old car people I know have cars in the category of"wait till restoration becomes feasible" does that ever happen? Didn't that in most likelyhood happen to this car already?It's only hope of returning to the road without the "Chop and Drop"treatment is to sell the body for whatever and host a repopster body.

Thanks for all the input to this car. I know it is a 1930 or 31 and i'm no expert on the specific years of the fenders and such. I found this and a 1929 sport coupe while traveling through Whitefish Montana in 1998. The body has no rust and no patch panels. It does have a few dents. It just looked too good to leave it sitting at the Army-Navy store so i rented a trailer and towed it home. Thanks for your help, i think the new owner will like this car.