Sorry to report another Reatta scrapped, but a windshield is avail!

Reatta Man

Sorry to report seeing a '91 white coupe with red interior, factory sunroof, VIN 1G4EC13L1MB900923 at Pick N Pull in San Antonio.... I was there when it was being placed in the yard.

The body panels are fair, engine is intact, right door panel is gone, tail light is gone, vent windows OK, seats OK, not great, windshield and back glass OK....someone get down there and harvest those parts for YOUR Reatta!

Joe

Aw Hell.

This is a twin to my car (except the sunroof). I wish it was reasonably close, I would be there with the truck to haul off anything I could get. It also pains me to see another one - especially this color combo - get killed off.

Anyone near this yard who might be willing to bag me a few items? My primary interest would be the glove box, the rear interior quarter trim (upper & lower both sides) possibly the ski-door cover, and the left interior door panel if any of the above are in good shape.

Please post back or PM me if willing.

KDirk

I did get a couple of things........ the center armrest had some damage but I got it just for the cupholder. I got the glove box assembly only because it had to come off to get the BCM and I also got the ECM and headlight motors. I was not that interested in the seats because mine are 16 way and it had standard.

Taxman-

Amen to that. I just wish it was closer, I'd spend an afternoon of silence stripping off anything and everything still worth taking. Hopefully someone besides Barney gets to benefit from this carcass. I spoke to him by phone after his trip to the yard, and there sounds to be a fair amount of decent parts left on the car still. It pains me terribly to think they may end up in the crusher. Somebody needs to go and clean this one out before the weather destroys the interior (Barney said one vent window was already gone).

KDirk

When Kevin and I talked, I told him about my trip.......... close is relative.

From my house to the yard and back (last Monday) was 193 miles (close by Texas standards)

I pulled out of the driveway at 8:00am and pulled back into the driveway at 5:30 pm.

If it was closer I might make another trip, when you consider actual drive time is almost 2 1/2 hours one way, that is 5 hours of the trip. We ate lunch after we finished, so another 30-40 minutes for that. Actual time at the yard looking for and pulling parts.... a little less than 4 hours........priceless.

Besides the work pulling the few things from the Reatta, I found a remote radiator tank I want to try on the 1939 Buick, got several good cigar lighter recepticles that I want to put inside a Reatta center storage liner for extra electronics (GPS, cell phone, computer) seat belts for the friends truck, found a rusty pair of needle nose pliers, and unsuccessfully looked for a good grey center armrest for a LeSabre.

Kevin,

Pick N Pull ususally leaves cars out in the yard about 4-8 months before crushing. I work about 20 minutes from the yard. If you are thinking of making a trip, and need a specific part, let me know; I will go see if it is still on the car and send you a photo via my cell phone. The tempurature here will be reasonable until mid June.

Joe

Has anyone compiled a list of things to consider pulling when one finds a Reatta in a PNP? I don't need much on my car, but I often wonder about things I 'might' need in 10 years. Like electric or electronic bits. Or whether there are things that will help others?

For that matter, what about Riviera, and other E-body, parts?

Joe,

Thanks for your offer to "spot" this car for me in advance. Unfortunately, I will not probably be in a position to make a trip there to get anything. Add to that the fact that when I spoke to Barney about this car, several things I would've liked to get were either already gone, or in less than ideal condition.

wws944-

I think many of the things are fairly obvious: Headlamp/window/mirror switches, IPC, ECM/PCM, BCM, vent windows, side mirrors, interior plastics that are easily broken, headlamp motors, on 88/89 cars the CRT and maybe the CRTC as well. RIM modules may not be a bad idea to grab either.

After that, some larger items like the tail lamp, bumpers (the aluminum part at least) the side glass (moving windows) and the center console/IPC trim bezels. For the more ambitious, interior trim panels (doors, rear quarters) and maybe the storage bin covers, ski door and the like especially if they match the interior color of your own car. If you have the space to store it all, it can't hurt to have spares since you could always sell them to another owner in need later if not needed for your own use.

KDirk