Acetylene Tank Mounting

MochetVelo

I'm wondering how I should mount the acetylene tank on my '21 Peugeot. Below is the only clear image of the car I have showing the tank. It looks rather like a fire extinguisher mounting or a big hose clamp. Brass straps would look good. Any suggestions?

Phil

post-52500-143138180505_thumb.jpg

Guest JR Cars

They are in most cases cast pieces, usually a lower cradle bolted to the running board. An upper cradle is hinged to the lower, then tightened around the tank. Think of a handcuff design. I have seen brass straps as well, but they too are usually fastened to a cast base.

They are in most cases cast pieces, usually a lower cradle bolted to the running board. An upper cradle is hinged to the lower, then tightened around the tank. Think of a handcuff design. I have seen brass straps as well, but they too are usually fastened to a cast base.

Now if ONLY you had a Bridgeport, Phil. .........Bob

Early tank mounts are usually cast but they quickly learned to make them from strap iron. This is the back page of the 1912 Prest-O-Lite catalog. The #30 is for a 13 1/4" long by 4" diameter tank that they called an "auxiliary tank". It was usually seen on motorcycles.

presto bkts.JPG