willys overland

Guest diamondinthewoods

Guest diamondinthewoods

i know this car is a willys overland about 23-25 or so. i was wondering if anyone could narrow this down to a year, i couldnt hardly find ANY pics of willys overlands this old so this is the best i could do identifying it myself.

LaGrangesidetwoC039.jpg

LaGrangesidetwoC033.jpg

LaGrangesidetwoC031.jpg

LaGrangesidetwoC026.jpg

I believe this is a 1923 Overland Model 91 ( Champion ) It was only produced in 1923 because of litigation by the Champion spark plug company. Note that it is also a 3 door and originally had landau irons. Willys Knight also made a 3 door coupe sedan. The car in the pic is my 1923 W/K 3 door coupe sedan.

post-60296-14313817814_thumb.jpg

post-60296-143138178143_thumb.jpg

Guest diamondinthewoods

there are hundreds of jems at this place, it's well known to many. but what many dont know is that recently the owner of this pre 1950s junkyard got fed up with people stealing parts and he had one whole side (200-300) cars scrapped! one side is still there but many of those cars are beyond repair.

Pictures by greengiant_photos - Photobucket

this is the link to my photobucket account, there are many pics from there starting on this page, there were 60 acres of pre 1950 cars so these are just a few, enjoy.

Some you may recognize from the 2010 hemmings abandon car calender because I took them

Edited by diamondinthewoods (see edit history)

Guest diamondinthewoods
great pics. where are they??

thanks, "where WERE they", they were in a small middle of nowhere hundred miles from anything town in Maine. the owner is third generation and the junkyard started in 1916 i believe and ended in the mid 50s and all the cars have just been there since.

Cool picture, I visited the yard sometime between 1984 & 1988 when going to Orono. Nobody was around so I didn't feel like I could help myself. I did poke around a little though. I do remember that that there was a 1930ish Cadillac sedan sitting in there and piles of Model A Fords. Never been back even though I've thought of it many times and wondered what ever became of the Caddy. All cars were rough looking then.

Guest longman

Haha, some things are indeed international! We have one of these yards about 4 hours from where I live here in Australia. Literally thousands of cars rotting away. The old guy who owns the property knows every car on the lot and where it is. His father started the collection in the 40's. I've scored many hard to find parts for my whippet from him and will make another trip shortly to get some more.

It breaks my heart though to see them all rotting away to nothing!

• 1 month later...