sunk in and on Wisconsin,,, a wet what is it?

Brad in Wisconsin

Chk out his site for a "What are they" sunken car in and on Wisconsin

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tFk9wtrDGZo/SEqtE8gLUxI/AAAAAAAABDs/GQlCAoe-_JM/s1600/Wisconsin%2BCar.jpg

Don't know who took photo would like to see more and thanks them...is this where a Roamer car was pulled up from in the seventies and are there any Bugatti's down there too?

that ship with all the new cars on it sunk in the 20's in Lake Michigan

I think they were brand new "off brand" (not Ford or Chevy & no Mercedes or Bugattis) cars, not sure, but I think they sunk some where off the Michigan coast around Leland, the Manitou Islands, I think. My great uncle told us of it back in the very early 70's ...

Edited by Jim Rohn (see edit history)

Old Cars Weekly did a photo story in the 70s?? about a great lakes ship with new 1929 Nash cars. Two cars were then pulled up on deck and they showed pics. Before they hauled them up, the divers had said the cars looked good, with shiny chrome lights....but when they got them up, you could stick your finger through the sheet metal parts.

I wouldn't consider a Hudson to be an "off" brand. The show Deep Sea Detectives did an episode a couple of years ago on the ferry that went down in Lake Michigan. The Hudsons were in one of the rail cars.

some people consider anything that is not a Ford or a Chevy to be an "off brand"

I couldn't remember what brand they were I just knew they were not Fords or Chevies ... :)

It was a car ferry that went down in a storm off Racine. Back in the 50's we were diving and searching for it because there was suppose to be a new Golden Kissel on board along with other cars. We never did find it although we did find the Prince Wilhem and brought up a gunney sack full of German beer that was still good. RHL