You got to be crazy to drive this!

R Walling

Maybe fun, but quite dangerous. Also...how do the other cars get out of their spaces with that little thing in the way? I guess they could simply hoist it up onto the sidewalk. It figures that it came out the year I was born. So many goofy things came out in 1952. Thanks for that video!

Hey,At the cemetery it could be pushed to the gravesite and the pallbearers could just roll it into the hole,if in fact there is ANYTHING left after the :eek:accident:eek:.SORRY to be so morbid but it's all i could think of when i saw it in city traffic.It is KINDA cute and i ONLY use that word to describe kittys and pups.:)diz

Ah yes the bubblecar fad of the 50s. It looks like the German Brutsch Mopeta. There were hundreds of different bubblecars offered, the best remembered are the Isetta and Messerschmidt.

I think England still had a 20MPH speed limit then which would limit the carnage. But if you lived thru the Blitz you probably brushed off the risk of car accidents anyway. People weren't so safety obsessed.

It would be a different world if the bubblecars caught on and the SUVs didn't. Back then it must have seemed that they would. The chance of 6000 pound Jeeps being best sellers never would have occurred to anyone.

it shouldn,t be dangerous to drive if all the other idiots on the road watched where they were going and obeyed the road rules ! yep thinking on it , it would be dangerous

it shouldn,t be dangerous to drive if all the other idiots on the road watched where they were going and obeyed the road rules ! yep thinking on it , it would be dangerous
Precisely my point.

okay what gives the biggggg cars more right over the littlies , i f there are road rules to obey they cover (or should do )big cars as well as little ones , if the big guy,s don,t obey the rules that makes them arrogant . tongue in cheek!perhaps this is why the jap cars are taking over

i should have mentioned that up,untill about 8 or 9 years ago , i always owned a big car ,usualy american , or the aussie equivelent, but with the oil scare these types of vehicles are no longer available ,unless you have won lottto. so i have been forced? into driving a jappo, as my daily driver , but still have two American cars as my fun cars , a 39 and 54 DeSoto