Loss of a "Dodge Brother"

keiser31

We are all brothers in one way or another and with us early Dodge guys we call ourselves "Dodge Brothers" when referring to one another. We lost a really good "Dodge Brother" Friday to cancer. He was Roger Williams. I met him while the restoration of his pride and joy was in progress. He and his son, Ken took a worn, but restorable 1930 Dodge business coupe and turned it into a jewel! I loved sharing 1930 and 1931 Dodge information with him and I will always remember how darn funny he was at the National Dodge Brothers Meet in Keizer, Oregon last July. It was the first time I met him in person and he was even funnier than when we called each other from Oregon or Connecticutt. He was a truly wonderful guy and we will miss him very much. Here are Roger and I (in the hat) having fun at the car meet and a photo of his spot-on work on his 1930 Dodge Brothers DD6 business coupe..

post-37352-143138139838_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138139841_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138139843_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

It is sad to see all that knowledge leave when the older generation passes on. Sorry to here of your loss. I too have a close friend that has lung cancer and has recently been told that there is no more that can be done. It is only a matter of time. :( Dandy Dave!

Truely sorry to hear about Roger. I communicated with him alot also regarding my 1930 and 1931 Dodges. He even found some much needed parts for me at times. I've had to hold off on working on my Dodges due to my own fight with cancer, but people like Roger helped to keep my spirits up. He'll be missed.

Guest ken williams

i would like to thank everyone for the nice comments i will continue where my father left off. we spent 6 years restoring our dodge and loved every minute. thanks again ken