My Grampa

Guest socal3

Hi I'm new here my Grandpa just bought 5 tc's from a tc fanatic there in great condition. 4 of them are in perfect running and looking condition and one's a parts car. He's giving my wife and I any one we want so I would like some hepl deciding which on to choose. Any help would be apreciated. I'll let you know more about them all when I drive all of them but here are the spec's

-1990 White,auto, V6 100k

-1990 purple auto 4cyl 49k

-1990 white 5pd 50k

-1989 red auto 45kk

-parts car???

Such a deal, what a great grandpa you have. SoCal huh? Where are you, LA, OC Riverside? We have regular meetings of TC's and their related cousins the FWD Chryslers/Doges of the late 80's/early 90's. I mentioned the location in the other thread you've posted in. PM me for any additional details you need. Welcome tot he best TC forum on the web:)

PS If you choses anything BUT the White 90 5 SPD car, I'll have to dis-own you:p Also that 'purple' you mentione is called 'Royal Cabernet' and likely has the "Bordeaux" interrior (could be Ginger tho);)

Alan

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm 26 so the style of the car still has to grow on me, since my real love is my 93 RX-7. He just told me he wants the 5pd oh well. But for some reason I like the 'Royal Cabernet' I think it looks classy.

Guest ImperialNorth

I'm with you, that's why I bought the Royal Cabernet, I would have preferred a black & ginger but maybe the next one( I wish)

As far as the royal cabernet or red just a matter of color preference, intertior color may sway you also. Nothing wrong with the white either just higher mileage to consider. Watch out for the bug, when you get bitten you too can wind up with 5 very easy. Have grandpa put the 5 sp in the will for you or 1st buyers rights. Check for tool kits and umbrellas they came with. Wife washes out with yellow, complextion concerns. Already too many white cars in the past. Personally I like all the exterior colors. I think you will get used to the style especially after you take a few corners. More exsidingly abundant bountiful help on this forum than you could ever pray for. But we all can't spell right. Welcome!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm 26 so the style of the car still has to grow on me, since my real love is my 93 RX-7. He just told me he wants the 5pd oh well. But for some reason I like the 'Royal Cabernet' I think it looks classy.

Sweet, so roll out the Royal Cab to the next meeting and I'll show you some 'tricks' you can do. The styling took me a while too as I am 'young-ish' as far as the TC Masi crowd goes (sorry guys, but C'mon you knmow what I mean right;)?) but there is much to love about these unique cars:cool: First thing you need to do is remove the hartop and store it somewhere dry and safe. Then drive the car around on nice sunny SoCal days, soon you will be doing evenings and nights too. Trust me on that one. I never put the hardtops back on once they come off! Just don't need them where we live and top down cruising is what these cars were made for:) Want more speed and power, we can work that out too:D You still didn't say where you live...

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Keep us in mind, we had only 2 TC's last night but plenty of sibling cars, lot's of Daytonas, Lebarons, turbo Omni's, even a few Shelby's. 28 folks showed up at Applebees last night and when I left at midnight there were still 15 or so poking around under hoods and swapping stories:cool: Always the firts Thursday, 13+ years at the same location...

Alan

Guest ImperialNorth

Allan, wish I were closer I enjoy what we call "cruise nights" unfortunately I'd have to install snow tires to get there.

Guest d_voitel

During the Spring/Summer months we have them in Mout Airy, MD as well. It's open to all makes/models Classics, Rods, Customs whatever. There's an Ice Cream stand where we all meet on the first and third Saturdays of the month. The local Lion's Club brings music and some sort of fun for all. It's really a hoot and a lot of people come to enjoy the cars, friendship and ice cream. I'm the only one to bring a TC, so it gets a lot of attention. When I tell the story of how I found the car and how much I paid for it, their jaws drop! My wife takes a '92 Imperial as well. It's a fun, free evening of enjoyment.

Guest ImperialNorth

Within a 60 mile radius of me, I can go to a "Cruise Night" every night of the week. Companies like Canadian Tire, A&W & Home Depot host our events. Some of these nights we might get 15 to 20 cars. Some locations we get 150 or more cars.

Unfortunately in 2009 the weather didn't cooperate and neither did the Packard, she has heating issues. I am really looking forward to taking the TC this coming season that's why I am trying to get the work done to it over the winter so she is ready to roll by April 1st (weather permitting).

post-64331-143138142089_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138142092_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138142096_thumb.jpg

post-64331-143138142099_thumb.jpg