425 cam specs??

cobravii

I think you will find this link most helpful. Look at the attachment on the first post.

Essentially its the same cam as the 63/64 1x4 425s. The part numbers changed between the years but the specs are the same as the 64,65 and 66 2x4 equipped cars.

The 109 degree lobe separation or "spacing" provided a little more top end HP as well as a wee bit more loping idle compared to the 114 spacing cams.

Post your Cam Specs! - V8Buick.com

Thanks guys,

tht is exactly what I am looking for. Now I just have decide whether I want a lumpy idle in this cruiser or stay with the stock 425 cam.

hmmmmm.... desicions desicions :-)

I have been doing research trying to figure out what cam to buy for my 2x4 Riv project. I've just about settled on TA Performances TA_20 cam but I'd like to find someone who has run one rather than go by the paper specifications alone.

Isky makes one with a good bit lower lower duration than the TA cam but with a little more lift than stock so that should idle smooth. That PN is 110125. Many of the other cams I have researched seem to have too radical change to the performance side for someone wanting to stay closer to stock.

Canada's a big place...what part does this Electra convertible live? If it is nearby, or possibly where I travel, I'd love to see it.

I live in fort McMurray, Alberta. I just bought a second '64 Electra convertible but it isn't a 425 engine. The second one I bought is a much nicer car then the one I am restoring so I suspect I will be looking for a third for parts :rolleyes:

Chuckle. I have a friend who used to teach up there, but that was probably 20 years ago. I have in-laws in Edmonton, so we get there and around St. Paul every couple of years.

I can't help but think we have had this conversation before...guess it must be all those gray hairs sprouting on my head....