1927 Model Question

rmeade

I own a 1927 Buick that was thought to be the Victoria Coupe Model 58. I found a sheet that lists the Serial numbers for the Victoria Coupe Model 58 and mine does not fit within the range specified. My first question is, are the Serial Numbers and VIN the same? My second question is, can anyone tell by looking at the serial number which model it is? The Serial Number/VIN is: 1902671

Edited by rmeade (see edit history)

Dave Corbin should be able to help with the numbers.

Your first question depends on how you define each of those terms. The cars then had a frame number and an engine number. The frame number would be called the serial number on the data plate, but it wouldn't match the engine number. Which number was used to title the car depended upon the jurisdiction it was in.

Thanks for your help. What I have identified is the Engine Number (1902671). My data plate says to see the serial number on the right-side frame. I have not located it yet, but the car is going in to get restored early next year, so maybe when it is lifted I will be able to see it. My '27 is a coupe and it has the Master Six engine.