64' Riviera Engine Pics

Guest jchagop

Guest jchagop

Does anyone know where I can find a complete set of installed engine pictures. I didnt take enough good pics before I had my engine pulled. Trying to remember how this bracket hooks up.

Jon

post-58040-143138121418_thumb.jpg

Guest jchagop

Here is a shot of my engine. I used the POR 15 Buick Green after extensive degreasing and priming with standard POR 15 black semigloss. Turned out sweet. I had the valve covers and other brackets powdercoated, and the color match was very good. If anyone is interested I can get the brand and product number for the powder I chose.

Jon

post-58040-14313812142_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot of my engine. I used the POR 15 Buick Green after extensive degreasing and priming with standard POR 15 black semigloss. Turned out sweet. I had the valve covers and other brackets powdercoated, and the color match was very good. If anyone is interested I can get the brand and product number for the powder I chose.

Jon

I beleive that's the bracket that supports the PS pump. As I recall, it bolts to the motor and then up under the pump. At least, this is what I remember.

Edited by Patrick91914 (see edit history)

I occasionally have found ebay useful for pictures. Check current and completed auctions. Every so often someone lists a car and takes really detailed pictures and/or angles the average person doesn't think to take. When I see something interesting, I save the photo for future reference.

Guest musclecarfan65

correct, that picture shows the PS pump support brace. see also page 8-28 (figure 8-30) of the 1965 buick chassis service manual

Guest jchagop

Was this other bracket a stock item? Im interested if it was indeed once there, because I dont have any other support brackets.

Jon