my wake up call and end of the line

Guest Redwind89

Guest Redwind89

100_0562.jpg

100_0566.jpg

got woken up by my door bell at 4:15am today to see this. News paper delivery driver hit my car to miss a car driving on the wrong side of the road. Claimed to be doing only 25mph. It moved my car a got ten feet and his was about twenty feet passed that.:confused:

All I can say is, OOOOOOoooowwwwccchhhhhhhhhhh. :eek:

What a Misfortune. I hope someone has insurance to cover the loss. And that it will not be you that has to take a beating for it. :( Dandy Dave!

Guest Redwind89

I do hope the other guy is ready for it, I couldnt get any info as he was pushed into the ambulance before I could get it. And yes very little sleep after that. Car didnt need this.

This is only one third of the misfortune Doug has had with this car. While it was a sweet car to begin with, it really looked great when he put on those GS Chrome wheels with new tires. However it has been the victim of two events before this. But this time it looks like it got the kiss of death. Thankfully neither he, nor Cindy, were ever hurt in in it.

Sorry Doug.

Guest Dan Cook

Now if that had been a car you didn't care about you could have left it on a train track and nothing would have happened to it.

Sad to see something like that happen. I'm sure your insurance company will follow through with him so they don't have to pay.

Dan

Guest Redwind89

I went today and got the rest of my stuff out of my car and took pictures of it in the daytime :eek:

100_0588.jpg

100_0590.jpg

100_0591.jpg

Yes those are pieces of the back window.

100_0593.jpg

100_0595.jpg

The scary part is that without the spare tire in the well there would have been no trunk left.

Edited by Redwind89 (see edit history)

Guest Dan Cook

He must have been in a big hurry to get those newspapers delivered. Now he is the news, and you too. I don't think there's anyway that much damage was done at 25 mph. Your claims adjuster will give a good estimate on speed.

Dan

This car was a 2003, and look at the condition of that metal behind the rear bumper. What a shame that such a nice car was ruined by carelessness. It is also a testament to how well cars are built today. This much damage and the trunk lid still works?

Guest Redwind89

Here are pictures of the scene. This is where my car was parked. You can kind of see the scrape mark from my rear rim. Its in front of the Neon.

100_0581.jpg

Here is the pole that kissed my car to the front cross brace and the distance between them.

100_0579.jpg

Here is the quick dry that the fire department put down for his fluids. I took this picture standing where my car was to give an idea of how far he went past impact and you can see the line as he swerved back out to miss the other car in front of me.

100_0584.jpg

Guest Dan Cook
This car was a 2003, and look at the condition of that metal behind the rear bumper. What a shame that such a nice car was ruined by carelessness. It is also a testament to how well cars are built today. This much damage and the trunk lid still works?

Did you ever the promotional video with the '59 Chevy and an '09 Malibu running head on to show how much better cars are build today? The little Malibu definately came out on top.

It makes me wonder how many old cars bit the dust before they got the results they were looking for in that '59 Chevy '09 Malibu crash. ..

bleah. Please accept my condolences... that must really hurt - I have a 2001 Impala police package car and I think quite a lot of all those W-bodies... the significant other bought a new Regal in '04 and she loves it... I made the mistake of not buying one for myself and have regretted it ever since, I think they are better looking and better equipped (ie, not having a bunch of stuff that I don't want) than the LaCrosse.

Regards,

Doug

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Redwind89

Haven't updated lately on this so here we go. His Insurance company only wanted to give me 8000 for my car "based on the condition" :confused: I asked what the claim adjustor meant and was told "now is not the time to dicker for a better price, that's the offer and the only offer" So I went and called my company and they came out and looked at the car and are giving me 9500. So after you take out my deductable my bank is get a check for 9200. In the mean time with the help of my parents I was able to get an 89 Buick Electra Park Avenue with 86k and very little rust starting on it. :D pictures to follow.

That just stinks, we have an 02 and love it, same color and all. Hopefully, you will have clear sailing from here on end. Sorry for your loss. 25? I don't think so.