1968 Wildcat 26,000 original miles!

wildcatsrule

For sale 1968 Buick Wildcat Custom 4dr. hardtop. 26,000 original miles. Rare survivor.Dark charcoal grey with white painted pinstripe, black vinyl top and black brocade upholstery. Factory paint, pinstripe, top, upholstery, original spare never down. PS, PB, AM, tilt, rear defrost, perfect black sport steering wheel, ralleyes with correct ribbed center caps and Wildcat medallions, new reproduction black tri-shield floor mats. No A/C, single exhaust.

Car runs and drives as new. Minor exterior imperfections, flawless interior. An exceptional car. 3rd. owner. I've owned the car since 2000 when I found it in Ohio with 15,000 original miles. Car is featured in May 2009 Bugle on page 22.

Price is $8500. Contact David at dbinmich@netzero.net

post-31477-143138117862_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mark- I hate to part with it, but hopefully it will go to a good home. I don't know why someone hasn't snapped it up already- I mean, how many 42 year old cars of any make do you find with less than 30,000 original miles? Not many!

• 3 weeks later...

This should be nationally marketed. Not enough exposure on this forum. Despite it's pristine condition, it's a four door model and perhaps a price adjustment is in order.

This should be nationally marketed. Not enough exposure on this forum. Despite it's pristine condition, it's a four door model and perhaps a price adjustment is in order.

Agreed on both counts. Personally, I like 4 doors, partly because I have kids, but mostly because they tend to be HALF the cost of a 2-door.

$6000-$6500 would probably sell immediately. $8500 will need just the right buyer.

Good luck with the Bugle ad!

Beautiful car!

• 1 month later...

This is a true "fly in and drive home" type of car. I have driven it out of state on a few occasions with no problems. I forgot to mention that this car was the only 1968 Wildcat on display on the show field at the 100th Anniversary Buick Celebration in Filnt in 2003. Just an interesting tidbit.

Where in Michigan is Grand Blanc? Seriously, I would be interested in this car if you still have it this spring. I had a '66 LeSabre w/19K on it when I sold it in 2005 because I wanted something different. I bought a '72 LTD w/34K on it which I still have and have taken to Hershey twice. I also have a '71 LeSabre Custom that belonged to my uncle. It looks decent but has 120K on it and needs some work done so I don't take it out of town. I'd like to have a nice, comfortable, low mile Buick. I've learned there's no comparison between the Buicks and the LTD.

Grand Blanc is approximately 10 miles south of Flint. I live about 15 minutes away from Bishop Airport in Flint.

I'm sure I will be getting more inquiries on the car in the Spring. Now that Winter has set in, the timing isn't right for buying or selling vintage cars. The next ad will be in Hemming's in March.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

The car is still available. The top bidder lied to eBay to withdraw his bid and he waited until the auction was almost over before doing so. Some more people placed bids, but it didn't meet the reserve again before the auction ended. I may relist again soon- if so, I'll post another link.

The bidder might have just wanted to know the reserve. I see that all the time.

The top bid was only $266 more than my estimate in post #9. :)

Good luck with your relist....Ebay is full of troublemakers. I don't think they realize or care how much money they cost you when they do this type of thing....

Yep-that is what this person was up to- he said in an e-mail that he was trying to determine the reserve, which is not a valid reason for eBay to retract a bid. Instead, he lied and told them he entered the wrong amount. I could have reported him to eBay and stirred up a hornet's nest, but I decided that there are more important things in life than spending the time to complain about some idiot that I wouldn't want my car to go to anyway. Hopefully there is a real buyer out there who will appreciate my car for its rarity and originality.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't register for a space in the car corral at Nationals in Iowa, but I'm tempted to drive this car to Ames as a spectator. If nothing else, it would be a nice drive!

• 1 month later...