Dizzys driving to Hershey in HPOF 37 Ford

DizzyDale

That's great, Diz...looking forward to seeing the '37.

Will be nice to see you driving in during the early morning entrance parade instead of standing there as a spectator in recent years.

To the uninformed, Diz is a "real" gear head. Quite an interesting guy. Look him up at Hershey.

Peter.

1400+ miles is too far for the Model A, the T-bird would make it fine but there just isn't enough storage space to take clothes, much less what I buy at Hershey, so we will be in my friends 93 Buick Roadmaster Woody Wagon with only 371,000 miles on it. It's Classic in his mind. I think once a year all the Buick Roadmaster wagons migrate to Hershey for their fall breeding ritual.

The problem you never know what the weather will be at Hershey, I remember the snow of 88, the never ending rain of 90 and several year when it was hot, so you end up having to take a variety of clothes and jackets.

Yea! fit all this stuff in a 55 bird.

post-30764-143138109106_thumb.jpg

.... I remember the snow of 88,

Yeah, me too. Eight layers of clothes. Trust me when I tell you I avoided drinking much of anything. :rolleyes:

.... the never ending rain of 90

We were there. Along with a friend that grew up going to Hershey with his mom and dad. Sadly his father passed away several years ago. But his mom still goes with him and his wife. Last year he took his son for the first time, his wife stayed home with their daughter. He and his wife got married right before Hershey in 1990. We still remember seeing his wife trudging through the rain, her red hair soaking wet peeking out of her tightly drawn hood on her rain jacket. It was cold, raining and miserable that day. :(

.... and several year when it was hot, so you end up having to take a variety of clothes and jackets.

I will take cool/cold weather over hot weather anytime. It is easier to dress for that. :D