Can you help ID these?

Guest gambamama

Guest gambamama

IMAGE A: post-63226-143138101736_thumb.jpg

IMAGE B: post-63226-14313810174_thumb.jpg

These photographs were taken in Hewlett, New York (Long Island's south shore) in the early 1900s. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Guest brassnutboyz

I believe both pictures are of the same car. I did own an 06 Thomas and currently own a 1905 Thomas. There is little difference in an o5 and an 06. The crank does go through the radiator. The knob coming through the radiator in the top tank is attached to a rod that actuates priming cups when pulled forward act as a compression release. Works well when cranking the cars. Another difference in the 05 and 06 cars is the rear fenders on the 05 curve over and down the rear tire and the 06 flares up as does the picture identified as photo B. Unfortunate we dont have a side view of picture A so we can be 100 % sure they are the same car. Odds are the pictures ARE the same car though. Brassnutboyz

I've been trying to figure out if the photos are the same car. I don't think they are.

The sidelights appear different, the horn is mounted much higher on the second car. The second car also has a top; the first does not. The second has a cowl; the first appears to have a flat firewall. The hood on the first doesn't seem long enough. The front fenders are flatter on the second. The second has spare tires mounted on the side (easily added though).

Respectfully,

Chris