Family in a Franklin

Steve Braverman

I drove my 1932 Franklin 300 miles to the Franklin Trek with my wife, daughter (age 2-1/2) and son (age 11 days). It was long, strange trip indeed. Brave or stupid? It was fun!

Franklin cars gather in Cazenovia this week for annual meet - East Suburbs Blog

The reporter got my son's name wrong, it's Sam, not Joel.

post-48034-14313810064_thumb.jpg

post-48034-143138100645_thumb.jpg

post-48034-14313810065_thumb.jpg

Steve,

Brave? Yes, like any normal driver in the 1930s but with the advantages of good roads and cell phone communication. You know your car well enough to enjoy it with your family, I hope to get to that point some day. As for stupid, that word does not apply! We need more people doing what you are doing so others realize old cars do not just live on a show field.

Guest windjamer

Steve, a few years back,not that many,a young family with a new baby was makeing a trip I think they said awrond the world in a Grahm. Not sure, might have been a 28. They stoped at fall Hershey and collected donations to continue ther trip. They planed to write a book on the trip. Told about crossing a river with large logs lashed to the car to float it across. I sure would like to read that book. Anyone remember the couple or know the rest of the story???

Fantastic....they were made to be driven and should be. Congratulations. May you and yours enjoy many more outings.

Re: the people going around the world in the Graham Paige....they were in Victoria BC in the late fall last year and were heading to the Yukon and Alaska then.

Hi Steve,

Congrats on the trip - wish I could have been there, but we no longer havethe 1917 Franklin Model 9-A.

Many years back, dale and i did our cross-country touring in the Franklin, and with a '27 Chevy. Glad to see the seat belts for little ones -- we still do the same for our grandson who has toured with us since he was 2 months old. Like his mom and her older brother, he drives the old cars when we are not on public roads.

Keep up the good work.