EBAY STUDEBAKER

HAY GUYS HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE 1915 STUDEBAKER ROADSTER ON EBAY,LOOKS LIKE ITS A PRETTY NICE ORIGINAL CAR, DASH DOESNT LOOK RITE,AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT IT ANY ADVISE, WHATS GOOD AND WHATS BAD,DONT KNOW ABOUT EARLY STUDES

DAVE

1927 MOON ROADSTER

1931 DEVAUX

1932 DEVAUX

JustDave: Years ago I was looking at buying a 1915 Studebaker, never did, but what I learned about the early Studebakers is that they have a weak rear end. Early Studebakers, including the 1915, had a transmission at the front center of the rear axle, also know as a transaxle. This is a notorious week design that results in transmission or axle failure. Knowledgeable restores will rebuild the transaxle with modern gears and beefed up axels. Check to see if this car still has the original transaxle, or has been rebuilt with modern materials.

Dave

The reason the dash does not look right as I believe the car that was on ebay is a 1916 Model SF Series 16 roadster.

I have a 1915 Model SD roadster and the dashes are different.

Mark is right about the axles. You have to be very careful of the cone clutches in these, if they are adjusted or oiled correctly...they will break something.

if you have any more questions ..send me an email

I have attached a picture of my roadster.

:cool:The Commander :cool:

post-30984-143138100226_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Definately the 1916 model ... however, this engine is completely different from the 15 model with more horsepower. The transmission case is a little sturdier because the rear brakes have supports that attach there in the 16 models. This is also the early 1916 model as it still has the gas tank in the cowl (filler on the dash). It would probably have a build date in 1915 since the new models were generally intoduced in the summer making it HCCA eligable for those who would like to participate in their tours. It also means no vacuum tank to restore!