RESULTS OF HERSHEY MEET

I DISPLAYED A CAR FOR THE FIRST TIME AT HERSHEY, BUT HAD TO LEAVE BEFORE THE AWARDS BANQUET. HOW AND WHEN CAN I FIND THE RESULTS OF THE JUDGING?

As far as I know you need to wait until it is published in the AA Magazine. Unless you won an award which I would presume they would contact you. In our DFer's meeting this was talked about. Father Ron said to the affect that it should be coming where we can view the results within a few day on the website. That will be nice.<P>P.S. Turn off your Caps Lock. Uppercase is considered shouting. I know you may be excited but it don't get results faster. wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

Just a matter curiosity - Does anyone know how come typing in uppercase is considered shouting? I have some friends that are seeing impaired and typing snd reading in uppercase is easy for them. And before anyone says it - I know you can adjust the size of the font. Just wondering???

The assumption that typing in all-caps makes text easier to ready is wrong. The reason there is upper/lowercase is to make the text easier to read that uppercase alone.<P>The reason all-caps is considered shouting in cyberspace is the same reason we use smiley faces, funny punctuation, etc... to get some emotion into the text we write. <P>Peter

Thank you Peter for the explanation. That makes sense. Although I do not buy the first part. Because I can see fine, reading all caps is sometimes difficult. Who is to say that for some people with a reading problem that caps isn't easier. Only they can say for sure. Even for me the distinction between some letters is hard. That is why I tend to cring a bit whenever I read post saying that all caps is shouting. The majority of the time, it was probably done in ignorance of the rule. I appreciate the answer.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

In my line of work, I do a lot of drafting on the computer. It is the drawing convention of my company to use all capital letters on our drawings, therefore the cap lock stays on more than it is off on my computer.<P>Not having retained much of what Mrs. Mackey, my 10th grade typing teacher taught me, I tend to look at the key board while typing rather than the screen. This is somewhat of a handicap when you find that you have just typed a whole paragraph in upper case (except for the first letter in each sentence, which is now LOWER case). Sometimes I wish there were some "inverse" function on the keyboard that would make lower case turn into upper case and vice-versa.<P>I will have to agree that reading all upper case, or all lower case for that matter, is more difficult. I personally do NOT find it offensive, but for me, it is harder to read.<P>When I find myself typing in all caps, I always back up and redo it. Two years ago, when I first registered, my cap lock was on. That is why my username is in all caps. I thought about going back and re-registering, but didn't want to lose my number of posts. That's pretty valuable. Your number of posts and 85 cents will get you a cup of coffee.

MODEL A HAL~~ If you type your post in a text editor then paste it into the Web browser field you have some more options. Many text editors have a function to change cases of characters and some are smart enough to know about capitalizing the first word after a period. You can also get your spell checker that way smile.gif" border="0 (I am typing directly into the browser now so there are sure to be misspellings and typos grin.gif" border="0 ).<P>If you edit your profile, you can change the displayed name to be anything you want with out re-registering. I started with TodFitch, went to Tod Fitch and have been using ply33 for a while now. All on the original registration. I do have to log in using the original TodFitch, but the display is different on the posts.

Dear 37Chevy,<P>If you want to find out if you won an award at Hershey you have a couple of options.<P>1. Call national headquarters - the results was turned in on Sunday.<P>2. Better yet, email VP Class Judging, Joe Vicini. You can get his email address from the AACA homepage - click on national directors and then click on email addresses.<BR>When you click on Joe's address, it will open an email window with his address already entered.<P> smile.gif" border="0