1909 Maxwell makes it NY to San Francisco!

Brian S

They made it!

June 9th, 2009 the 100-year anniversary of Alice Ramsey's landmark drive was recreated. The trip began from New York and ended in San Francisco. A month long journey by Emily Anderson driving a 1909 Maxwell DA, restored (built) by her father Richard Anderson. Friend Christie Catania is co-pilot.

This "home movie" YouTube video (not theirs) is a very small segment driving from San Rafael CA to San Francisco, shot July 8th and July 9th 2009.

Click here for Video>:Section of Alice's ride, San Rafael CA to SF

I was lucky enough (or honored) to lead them across the Golden Gate Bridge.

The full trip was professionally documented on video and can be ordered at:

Alice’s Drive

Visit the site to learn more about Alice's and Emily's stories.

Makes you want to get the old car out of the garage!

post-30768-143138091438_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I've been following since the beginning and until you posted this for all we fans knew the car was abducted by aliens!! Pretty sad ending to just leave us hanging, had I contributed I'd be mighty annoyed.

Howard Dennis

Guest boettger

:)Thank goodnes they made it safe and sound!

Have been following this daily since they left New York.

I can't wait till February in Phila to hear Sally talk about the adventure!

Guest Siegfried

Congratulations! And Terry has a GREAT idea, a seminar at Phillie for 2010. It would be standing room only........

Guest librarylady

Thanks for all the moral support. Check "team blog" section of aliceramsey.org for story and photos of journey. I think we set a new record for ongoing documentation. There was little national news coverage but a nice article in SF Chronicle when we arrived and a video clip on CBS 5 in SF. As far as a seminar next year question is just for which venue. The L&RC has first dibs but there have been inquiries about the ladies' seminar and at least one other possibility. Venue would determine focus of presentation. I have done a 1/2 dozen or so seminars at Philly in the past so am comfortable with the idea.

The journey was an incredible experience and I love telling Alice's story. I truly got to combine my loves: automotive history, women's history, storytelling and a road trip and am happy to talk about it.

Thanks for all the moral support. Check "team blog" section of aliceramsey.org for story and photos of journey. I think we set a new record for ongoing documentation. There was little national news coverage but a nice article in SF Chronicle when we arrived and a video clip on CBS 5 in SF. As far as a seminar next year question is just for which venue. The L&RC has first dibs but there have been inquiries about the ladies' seminar and at least one other possibility. Venue would determine focus of presentation. I have done a 1/2 dozen or so seminars at Philly in the past so am comfortable with the idea.

The journey was an incredible experience and I love telling Alice's story. I truly got to combine my loves: automotive history, women's history, storytelling and a road trip and am happy to talk about it.

That's our girl! Sharing experiences with AACA members and the public at large is what we're all about! ;)

Wayne