Own both a Reatta and an Allante?

JalopyBob

I own both and it's not a fair comparison based on general build quality** and market direction (coupe vs convertible, V8 vs 6, etc.). The ** is the exception of the leather seats in the Reatta. I am amazed at the durability of the leather seats. They show creases like any leather seat but show no signs of abnormal wear. If only the Reatta would have the lateral support of the Allante seats, I'd be in heaven.

Of the two, the Allante is a better boulevard cruiser (more comfortable, soaks bumps better), better straight line performer and no terrible gaps/creaks in the interior. I also like the analog instrument panel better. My Reatta (of the 3 months I have owned the car) would be my car of choice on canyon roads - I like how it handles curves but could use a wee bit more power. I also like the Reatta's intimate interior and legroom seems better.

Aesthetically, living in a city where cars are no older then a few years or where Italian, German or English sports cars rarely turn heads, I've taken the car to a Laker game and three Dodger games and have always had someone ask me about the car. Same holds true when having the car washed. People don't know what the car is but they like it.

I've got both; a '91 Allante (red, black int.) absolutely a beautiful car. But I don't like it. You think the electronics in the Reatta is complex? The Allante is much more complex. The conv. top was designed by idiots. No power top, but that's not the issue; the attachments are complex and troubleprone. I have yet to get the rear of the top to close let alone seal. The center of the dash/consol looks like the controls of a 747, Neat to look at, but you should have a co-pilot to work it.

Looks to lust after, but I like my Reatta's better.

Ah, if anyone's interested in buying this beauty, it's for sale cheap.

Guest 90REATTALONG

I have 1993 Cadillac Allante Pearl Red with Beige int. with 27,000 miles has Dayton Wire Wheels and a 1990 Buick Reatta White with Maroon int. with 32,000 miles also with Dayton Wire Wheels, I think they both are great cars. ________________________________________________________________________

• 4 weeks later...
Guest beones

i own a 1989 allante red/tan....white, whitw moulding red interior. reatta is far nicer drive for my wife abd I. allante convertibale top was a nighmare until i bought the manual and learned the finer points of the gazillion adjustments. i got tired of taking it to cadillac and watch them scratch their heads....now they send any one with a problem to me. its a pain and time consuming ...but when adjusted properly its a 2 finger lift and close. aThat being said alot more people check out the allante and the darn thing is FAST!!

Guest Richard D

Quote; Of the two, the Allante is a better boulevard cruiser (more comfortable, soaks bumps better), better straight line performer and no terrible gaps/creaks in the interior. I also like the analog instrument panel better.

I thought the Allante had an LCD dash made to look analog, Like the 90/91 Reatta has a vacuum flouresent display made to look analog. You may want to check your Reatta's history, I have had two and both had very tight gaps in both body panels and interior panels with no creaks, not counting some of the trim pieces that won't stay put.

Cheers,

Richard

Both have there advantages/disadvantages. Personally think the 3800 is probably the finest drivetrain GM has built. Also do not like airbags and have one caralready that takes premium. I also greatly prefer the 88-89 Reatta steering wheel.

At various times I considered an Allante with both tops but am satified with the Reatta coupe and the 'vert. If I have a car that is an outlier, it is the Fiero but just enjoy it.

Interestingly, except for the Judge, all get around the same MPG.

Guest WEB 38
I've got both; a '91 Allante (red, black int.) absolutely a beautiful car. But I don't like it. You think the electronics in the Reatta is complex? The Allante is much more complex. The conv. top was designed by idiots. No power top, but that's not the issue; the attachments are complex and troubleprone. I have yet to get the rear of the top to close let alone seal. The center of the dash/consol looks like the controls of a 747, Neat to look at, but you should have a co-pilot to work it.

Looks to lust after, but I like my Reatta's better.

Ah, if anyone's interested in buying this beauty, it's for sale cheap.

WHAT ARE YOU ASKING FOR IT?