Need help recognizing a part - 65' Riviera

Ron Luchene

This was in my trunk when I purchased the car and I assumed it went on either the left or right side of the console. None of the screw holes line up so I am a bit confused. I have the stainless piece for the left side and the hard plastic piece for the right side so I just don't see a place for this. It has glue on one side which I assumed the carpet was glued to. Does anyone recognize this piece? Where does it go?

Thanks - Ron

post-55565-143138082156_thumb.jpg

Patrick,

The material is cardboard and the dimensions are 15" by 6.5". Something was definitely glued to one side. There were a lot of parts in the trunk when I purchased the car and so far every piece but this one is accounted for. This one stumped me so I thought I would reach out to others for help. If anything comes to mind please let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

Ed,

The piece on the right side of my console is hard plastic and fits perfectly. I have seen photos of other 65's and this piece is correct. The guy I bought the car from had multiple vehicles and I am guessing that this is for something other than a 65' Riviera. I just can't imagine where else this would be installed if not along the console.

Thanks,

Ron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gungeey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that metal or plastic? looks like it might be the interior cover for the quarter windo assembly.. </div></div>

It's carboard. If you mean the panel that mates the the side armrest, then it's definitely not that. It also couldn't be the sail panel backing. It's the wrong shape.

I don't think it belongs to a '65 Riv.

Thanks for the input guys. I have to side with Patrick as I have been over the car in detail and find no evidence of a missing part or a place that this would fit. I'm not ready to throw it away but I don't think it belongs to the Riv.

Thanks again for the input!

Ron

Ed - this ugly thing looks like what I uncovered the other day as I disassembled my interior (also a 1964). I thought for sure this was a jury rig someone put in.

I'd attach a pic, but for whatever reason, cannot, via the new and improved forum.

So, this passenger side yellow plastic is what the factory installed?