picked up our New (to us) 90 Reatta today

Guest sintid58

Guest mounthopewalt

Definately not Reatta rims. Reatta had only two styles, 15" 1988-90, and 16" 1991.

Hopefully, someone on this forum can recognize your rims. They are unique and cool looking. Congrats on the maui blue coupe.

Very nice car, and the interior looks great for a blue one (seats look near perfect and no faded carpet!). Must have been very well cared for by it's previous owner(s).

The wheels don't look like any stock Buick rims that I've ever seen. That they have a real Buick emblem (tri-shield) makes me wonder if they were an E&G (or similar) wheel package. These kits are more often seen on Cadillacs, but they may have offered some for Buick and licensed the logo from GM. Or could be American Racing rims with "custom" made center caps?

I gather this was on the used lot at the Ford dealer pictured in the background? I find it interesting that Reatta's still show up for sale at major dealer lots. How many other 20 year old cars do you see on a major dealer's used lot? Further proof that the Reatta is special.

I hope you get much enjoyment out of this one, it looks to be in very good shape so you should be set for a while.

KDirk

Guest dpannell

Nice looking car! Welcome to the Reatta forum....you will not meet a nicer, more helpful group anywhere on the internet. Dave

According to Barney Eaton, Buick only made around 700 Maui Blue Reatta coupes in 1990, and about 10% had a sunroof. That means you (and I) have one of the about 70 Maui Blue sunroof coupes made in 1990. It is my favorite color of all years of the Reatta. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Greg

Guest sintid58

The car has 151,000 miles on it so it does have a few issues. For a car with that many miles it is in very nice condition. I really like the color and the wheels caught my attention right away. My wife just loves it and has parked her dodge pickup that gets 14-15 mpg and wants to drive this so that is definately an upside to the whole deal.

• 3 months later...
Guest sintid58

Well my wife seems to have lost control of her Reatta. My daughter who has been in St Andrews UK for the past year returned recently and has now claimed it for herself. She just completed her Masters in Environmental Science and is looking for a job or possibly to get her PHD. If she finds a job in the US I will let her use the car until she can find/afford one of her own. It seems like a pretty dependable car and she has always taken good care of her past cars.

Greg, Sid, and others...... the official numbers I have for 1990 Maui Blue coupes is 461.

Further broken down, there would be some with Blue interior, and some with Grey interior ( plus an outside chance that there were a very few special ordered with tan) again we don't have enough data to tell us the ratio of blue/grey interiors..... but I suspect there were more blue interiors.

Sunrood numbers run between 10-15% of the production and we will probably never know the exact number.

In any case, I like the Maui Blue and in many ways am sorry I am selling mine. It is a bright, eye catching color that you just don't see on new cars.