My Reatta's Back!!

ol' yeller

I finally got my Reatta back from the shop yesterday. After 9 months of staring at the recharge AC light I finally have a cold A/C system. Just in time for our first 80 degree day. I had the compressor replaced as well as the orifice tube, and drier. I then had the system converted to R134A. It works great! Not quite as cold as I remember the R12 in my last Reatta but certainly cold enough. I also had the water pump replaced as it was leaking. My mechanic also repaired the battery ground which was causing some starting problems and found the defective taillight bulb that was causing my right turn signal not to blink. Now on to the next 150,000 miles. I also love my '99 F250 which I have been driving while my Reatta was down but the thirsty V10 has been a drain on the wallet commuting the few miles to and from work. I'm glad to have my girl back.

Greg

Guest Richard D

Was your Compressor seal leaking or did you change it because of going to 134a?

Thank's

Richard

My bad, My Reatta wasn't in the shop for 9 months, I have just been staring at the recharge AC light for 9 months. The car was parked for about 2 weeks prior to my taking it into the shop. He had the car for about 3 days. I have several cars so I wasn't in a huge hurry to get 'er done. I realized how much I did miss driving my Reatta when I got it back the other day. Now that summer has finally arrived, I am really happy to have the AC working! Sorry for the confusion.

Greg

Guest Greg Ross

handmedown

Seems I recall you should disconncet the Battery to reset the Computer memories whenever you open/ service the A/C system.