Award Badges & Holders??

Guest Econovanman

Guest Econovanman

Hi, I recently entered my car at the Charlotte show and won my first junior award.

I have ordered and received the badge holders and I can see holes in them for mounting but am unsure what to use....

Anyone have a suggestion as to what I should use to mount the badge to the holder and the holder to the grille?? Thanks!

Guest Econovanman

I see alot of them mounted on grilles, I need to somehow mount mine before my next competition......

There as many ways to mount them as there are grills and other places. What I generally do is open up the holes big enough to accept 8-32 brass machine screws long enough to pass through whatever I'm mounting it to. I use big washers or make a strap for the back side. I never do anything to the car that can't be undone........Bob

On my Model A Ford, I fashioned some small wood wedges that fit snuggly between two radiator fins. I drilled starter holes in the end of the wedges. I then used small brass screws to screw the badges into the wedges, using the existing holes in the badges. The screws slightly spread the wedge to hold it securely between the radiator fins.