May Bugle

89REATTAJIM

Another excellent issue, and, yes, Mr. Earl's adventure is one of the most memorable pieces.

I really enjoyed the articles covering the '67 and '68 Wildcats, which I've always regarded as among the most beautiful of the 1960's large cars.

The articles were a reminder of the long-ago summer of 1966. My Dad and I were at the local Buick dealership on a Saturday afternoon, having our '65 Wildcat serviced. We were chatting with another customer, a '66 LeSabre owner. One of the owners of the dealership just received in the mail a large envelope from Buick Motor Division. He opened the contents right in front of us -- 8 x 10 glossy publicity photos of the 1967 Buick lineup. When I saw the photo of the Wildcat 2-door hardtop, my heart almost skipped a beat. I could never imagine a car as beautiful as that one.

A year and a few months later, my Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathryn stopped by the house, having just taken delivery of their new '68 Wildcat, which they had ordered from the factory. I spent hours admiring the car's shape and style. Wow! I completely understand the attraction to these cars that would prompt one of the Bugle writers to collect one in every body style.

Guest imported_MrEarl

What a surprise. I had emailed that out to a few folks (Pete included) right after I got back from the trip. Pete asked me to send some additional pictures so he could run it in the Bugle. I wanted to edit it a little and include a few pictures of the actual tranny but never got around to it. So what do I receive in the mail last week but a hot off the press issue of the Bugle with a note from Pete saying "Surprise, Surprise". Thanks Pete!!! and thanks all for all y'alls comments. It really was a fun trip and an adventure.

Also, I really enjoyed the 67-68 Wildcats articles.I remember when I was shopping for the 67 Chevelle SS I bought back in 67, I played hooky from school for two days to go to Atlanta to look at Chevys and Buicks. I let peer pressure persuade me to go with the SS, but I really wanted a Buick. REALLY!!!

Yep, Pete, another great issue. Possibly even the best. he he he

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgibson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we get autographed copies???? grin.gif </div></div>

Boy I could write a good one about coming to see MrGibson!!!!! Somethin about tradin a very nice 56 for a pitiful ol 54 I believe it was. he he he Just kiddin, I love that ol 54 Special, ...talk about a "barn find". the barn was all over it....she's still in my pasture...as I am sure the 56 is yours....right he he he

Let's see, I should have one picture I know.

The nice 56 being delivered

100_0503.jpg

For this awesome barn find...

MVC-033F.jpg

Homeward bound

100_0889.jpg

The friends I have made on the Buick Highway are worth every gallon of gas and scary night spent in the interstate Rest Stops...

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Centurion</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I completely understand the attraction to these cars that would prompt one of the Bugle writers to collect one in every body style. </div></div>

Thanks! I thought that other Buick fans would understand!

wildcatsrule, I thought you were on board here!

Congratulations on a wonderful article and a collection of spectacular Wildcats. Among my great regrets about missing last year's meet in Flint was that I did not have the opportunity to see your cars.

Thanks Brian! I'm very happy with the way the article turned out. Pete did a great job with the photos and putting it all together. Since the '08 national was only 10 miles from me, I figured it was the best opportunity to display the fleet!

You will have the chance to see one of my cars- I'll be driving the convertible to Colorado Springs. Plus, I'm planning on attending the big '59 event on July 2nd.

Thanks for posting the photo, Derek!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcatsrule</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Brian! I'm very happy with the way the article turned out. Pete did a great job with the photos and putting it all together. Since the '08 national was only 10 miles from me, I figured it was the best opportunity to display the fleet!

You will have the chance to see one of my cars- I'll be driving the convertible to Colorado Springs. Plus, I'm planning on attending the big '59 event on July 2nd.

Thanks for posting the photo, Derek! </div></div>

Say, that's terrific! I look forward to meeting you and seeing the Wildcat convertible in Colorado Springs. Make sure you register for the '59 event.