license plate frames

Guest stuart Silverman

Guest stuart Silverman

Hi All . I have a 1967 GTO .It is a REAL Royal Bobcat. and it is going for its first senior at Gettysberg, will I get a deduction if it is shown with it original, Royal Pontiac license plate frames ????. Also ,it came from the factory with red brake drums I have pictures from when it was new is this a problem ???// Thanks in advance.... Stuart

Stuart...if you have documentation about the brake drums make sure you have a copy with you. Personally, when I know my car has something unusual I automatically mention to the team captain that I have documentation for it. Saves the hassle.

I would take the license plate frames off for this meet...again less hassle and it did not come from the factory with those frames. Put them back on after as they are way cool!

I'll be anxious to see your GTO Stuart. I've got one too - a 67 HT with the 360 Hi-output 400 and his-n-hers shift. It's an orig AC car, gold with black vinyl top and interior and rally II's. I'll bet yours is a real head-turner. I remember the red drums showing behind the Rally I wheels as a factory item and I wouldn't question it, but someone who doesn't know might need the info, so follow Steve's advice and be prepared with the factory documentation. As for the Royal Bobcat option, remember that it was a post-production mod from the dealership. I think that also included some emblems (decals) on the rear quarters also right?

I'm always flipping coins to decide how to handle stuff like this on my own vehicles. I left a dealership emblem on the rear of a car we recently restored just for that reason-it was part of the history of the car. I decided I'd just take the point deducation and be happy with my second place trophy - well, guess what - it was good enough for a 1st!

Good luck, and I'm anxious to see that Goat. I'll be passing out the dash plaques at Gettysburg so I'll be sure to see the car and shake your hand.

All rise for the national anthem - "...little GTO..."

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All rise for the national anthem - "...little GTO..."</div></div>Man you had me worried for a minute. I thought you were going to say the national anthem was "<span style="font-weight: bold">I'm the exec VP, with my wife's MG</span>" laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

ooh-that song would never sell!!! I'm very lucky that Susan lets me drive the car. Took it (all by myself) this weekend to a British car show in Williamsburg. Now I've got to really clean it before we go to Winchester this coming weekend. It's just tooooo much fun to drive. Incidentally, I think passing out the dash plaques is the greatest job ever. I get to see all the cars and meet everyone.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Bond</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm very lucky that Susan lets me drive the car. Took it (all by myself) this weekend to a British car show in Williamsburg. </div></div>

Sounds like that episode of <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Home Improvement </span></span> where Jill bought a British sports car and didn't tell Tim she was going to. She didn't want him to mess it up. Well, you know Tim..... grin.gif

Guest stuart Silverman

Hi Stuart again I hate to be a pest .... BUT, you know these old car people.. I need two 67 GTOs trailered to the Gettysburgh meet from Westchester County NY and back the same day, enclosed only .... any recommendations ...

Guest Siegfried

Well, if you're passing out the dash plaques I might introduce myself to you. You might be surprised, but then again..... Have to wait and see, and no peeking at internet id's.