Custom 84 Convertible

sosuzguy

I didnt think such a car was made. I thought that all cars were White or Firmsist Red. Is it possible that this is true or is it a complete custom Job. I know it has the headlight switch that I need. The interior is changed totally. The VIN number is for an 84 Riviera Convertible so that part is correct, somebody must have some additionl information. Imay be wrong but somehow I dont think that it came out of ASC/Buick looking like it does today

The orginal top would have been white as well, with either the white or firemist red paint. A couple of options on this car are the V8 (the 4.3 V6 was standard,) and the "artillery" rally wheels. Can't tell what OEM radio option was chosen because that radio has been updated to a AM/FM CD player. The owner also found some trunk trim and steering wheel from an XX twentieth anniversary issue. I'm okay with the paint - I've always liked two-tone Rivieras - and some of the interior (too many contrasts,) but in my opinion, I think the top and boot would look better in black, and the RWO tires are all wrong for this kind of car; save those for the Camaros and Firebirds. My 2 cents worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosuzguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't this an interesting car....

</div></div>

Jayson,

Yes it sure is and thanks for posting - I think you need one like this and should buy it, then drive it to Sacramento so some of us can see it close up! grin.gif

It is a striking paint scheme. The upholstery looks a bit amateurish in the pics, huh. Wonder what the quality of the paint job is.