Chomping at the Bit

Guest BJM

I have a new Buick coming to Iowa soon - in the next 2-4 weeks depending on when my buddy with a truck/trailer can assist in the pick up. Anyone else have anything purchased but not yet delivered?

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,

Picking it up on Sunday. Leaving greater Des Moines Iowa to drop a Pontiac LeMans off in St Louis Missouri then taking I44 to Springfield Missouri and picking up the ___________________.

Then back to Madrid, Iowa. Hope to have it done for Ames Iowa National 2010 but I will need to assess it first.

Jake

I've got to get the master cylinder on my 71 Chevy 3/4 ton truck so I can clear out some garage space. It's a Buick, it's from the 70's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buicks39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i ordered a 22 year old blond from holland 3 years ago and she"s not here yet. ha ha </div></div>

That explains a lot! I was wondering where that doll came from when she showed up here. ThanX's grin.gifgrin.giflaugh.gif

At first, reading your second post, I thought maybe you meant that beautiful Roadmaster I noticed in Springfield, MO while driving around trying to locate a Buick dealer where my 73 Riviera originally came from.

Although we drove by quickly (were in a hurry) I thought I saw a 'for sale' sign.

I still exactly know the location (even noticed that car in that 'street view' application in google maps)cause if I ever will own a Buick from the 50's it will be a Roadmaster...

Car is (was?) located near Kingsbury Forest (east of the 65)

But a 70's Buick is as good (even better) IMHO .... Is it a wagon, like 4-speed is suggesting??

Rob and Matt,

No not a wagon. I am trying to get a Caballero but that's not this car. I just don't want to jinx it if I say what it is then my friend with the truck/trailer can't make it. It's not a rare car but in a way it is. It's set up nice.

Rob I hope I do NOT see any more Buicks with for sale signs in them. That's how this hobby gets out of hand. smile.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rob I hope I do NOT see any more Buicks with for sale signs in them. That's how this hobby gets out of hand. smile.gif </div></div>

I'm with you...although it is getting easier since all my space is full right now...of course, when I put up that building I'm thinking of all bets are off. I'm slowly learning a bit of self-control (types the man who purchased two old Buicks in 2008) wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

After much delay, Sunday was the day my friend Al and I went to Missouri to pick up my car. We started at 6am on Sunday morning from West Des Moines. He has a 2003 Chevy Silverado with 33,000 miles he basically only uses it to haul.

He had a nice 73 Pontiac Lemans Sport loaded up to take to Easr St Louis, Illinois. It was a long day. Then we headed out of St Louis on I44 to Springfield. Missouri to pick up my car before returning back to Iowa.

I should have photos tonight. Keep in mind, this is a project. But I got a steal for what it is and it was headed to the crusher when crusher prices were over $200 a ton.

The fellow I bought the car off of - had spotted it for sale and when he inquired, the owner said "one more week and it's going to the crusher". The seller (to me) has one of those project vehicle yards that pop up up and down I44 / I70 / Hwy 50 in Missouri. There are a lot of them and they make for an interesting trip.

Up here in Iowa, on I80, nothing but cornfields (yawn!) but going through Missouri/Arkansas/Texas etc you often see these businesses with "junk" cars inside fences. Lots of craning of necks and close calls (of not hitting the guy in front of me)

It was a long long day and I hope I don't have many of these left. I took a cue from my buddy Mark Riehm in Cedar Falls who has a 12 car collection of Ford performance vehicles and he has owned some for 32 years and we are 45 now. Keep what you get instead of flipping them.