Buicks at the Spring Charlotte Auto Fair '09

Guest Hector

Guest Hector

I've been setting up as a vendor here for the last 9 years and there's always a good assortment of iron.Here's a few pics to share with you all.

These cars are from the Carolina Chapter of the BCA

AutoFair09061.jpg

AutoFair09060.jpg

AutoFair09058.jpg

AutoFair09057.jpg

AutoFair09056.jpg

AutoFair09054.jpg

AutoFair09053.jpg

AutoFair09052.jpg

AutoFair09050.jpg

AutoFair09049.jpg

Guest Hector

Here's one to the fellow members of the BCA Modified Division

AutoFair09044.jpg

AutoFair09045.jpg

AutoFair09046.jpg

These are some of the cars that were for sale at the event.

AutoFair09002-1.jpg

AutoFair09064.jpg

AutoFair09063.jpg

AutoFair09019.jpg

AutoFair09015.jpg

Guest Hector

Lastly some random pics of some parts.

AutoFair09007.jpg

AutoFair09016.jpg

AutoFair09017.jpg

AutoFair09018.jpg

AutoFair09020.jpg

AutoFair09021.jpg

Last picture is of my '69 soaking up the sun and the swapmeet vibe on Saturday,good times.

AutoFair09013.jpg

Thanks Hector,

You really covered the event! Buicks were are over the place, including the Pavillion,

where one of the displays paid homage to Fifties Fins...

Roadmistress_AutoFair1X.jpg

Larger, click once after opening. (My '57 represented subtle fins, according to the display plaque).

Roadmistress_AutoFair2X.jpg

Larger

When the display cars were released on Sunday at 4PM, I saw a guy and his three young sons

leaving the Pavillion area. Asked if they needed a ride to their car (they got there late,

and saw little of the show), the answer was a resounding, "YES!"

They were parked near Smith Tower, and I couldn't resist snapping this memento of

"Dad in the driver's seat." (I emailed the image to them hours later).

Roiadmistress_Smith_Tower1X.jpg

Larger

It made their day, and mine, too.

Thanks again, Hector, for all the pix,

TG

Guest Hector

TG,that's one neat story and one fine gesture on your part for that family,that's what I call "living right".

I missed your car and the other featured vehicles since I very seldom make it to those displays,I mostly stay around the swap fields for the duration of the event.Your car looks great on the pics,maybe I should reconsider and walk around the garages next year.I believe the '57 has the best porthole design of all Buicks,I have a set of them just because of that.Take care.

I wasn't sure if that would work or not. My previous post had some shots of Buick's at the AACA National at Autofair.

Hector got photos of most of the HPOF and newer Buicks in his posts above. A few more shot below.

I think that covers all but a few Buicks that were at Autofair. There was a really nice 71 GS California on the AACA showfield that I missed getting a photo of though.

post-53096-143138062151_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138062166_thumb.jpg

post-53096-143138062182_thumb.jpg

What is this meet? I had NO IDEA! It's big with great variety and a swap meet and the weather looks great but I have never heard of it. Is it an annual meet? That is a great variety of Buicks.

THe meet is Charlotte Autofair put on by the Hornest Nest Region of the AACA. It's the first weekend in April and second weekend in September at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC (well Concord, NC). April has about 10,000 vendor spaces, Hershey has about 12,000 and Sept is smaller at about 6-7000 vendor spaces. Visit http://www.charlotte-autofair.com/

With the April Meeting there is a Spring SouthEast Region AACA National Meet paired with the event on Saturday, just like Hershey.

For both spring and fall events the Carolina GS GN guys have a small show on Saturday and the Carolina Chapter of the Buick Club has a show on Sunday. As you can see from the pictures hector took the carolina chapter drwas about 15-20 cars but a side variety. I think we at least one car from every decade from 1940 to 2000. We were supposed to have a restored 1931 and an HPOF 1934 but they no showed.

Pete did a several page write up in the Bugle about the event just a few months ago.

Ya'll come and join us!!!!

Adam the '58 is a 66R owned by Rob Grindstaff, It was the May? 2008 Cover car on the Bugle, I'll PM you his email. but also you can find more pictures of his 58 and the other Carolina Chapter member's vehicles at www.buickclub.org/carolina.

Brian and others.

Thanks for the photos. I came with the restorer of the '32 Model 67. We were not able to stay through Sunday and the Buick section of that show, as it is a long haul back to CT and even longer for the owner, to Texas.

We had the car in a tent on the Orange Field earlier in the week to final prep it and its first show, and also trying to solicite some future business for the restoration shop, Academy Auto.

We had some tear-down to do Saturday, so I was not on the show field very long on Saturday, so was not able to get around. Spent some time touring the swap meet. This was my first trip to the Charlotte Auto Fair and I was impressed. I never realized there were some display cars in the Pavilion, so I will need to check that out next time.

John

John,

Yes I believe you had contacted me so I could alert the Carolina Chapter folks that you would be there. Hopefully some made it by to you. I unfortunately did not. As a member of the HNR AACA I worked event duties Thurs through Sat and didn't get to "shop" much. I was out in the Red and Green fields mostly and judged the AACA meet Saturday.

Hope to see you in the fall or next Spring!

Brian