fyi.theres a 128000mile 95 olds supercharged 3.8 for 450 in nc

handmedownreatta

Anyone know if the Olds is bolt in for Buick? I remember thinking a gm 350 was a gm 350, but Buick, Pontiac and used to have different set ups as to where the starter was etc.

3800 is a Buick designed engine nee 3.8, nee 231, was even sold to AMC for a while but bought back.

You are remembering the "corporate" 350 broohah of the mid-70s. I always thought the Olds 350 was the best of them, Chevvy 350 lost cranks left and right in 1967 and Buick version was a debored (heavier) 455.

Just to be a.r., the 3.8 is a RWD engine, the 3800 is FWD (unless in a Fiero). Longitudinal (e,g, 4L65) vs transverse (4T65).

FWIW I suspect the major issue in a transplant would be electrical/programming though there may be a motor mount issue. Several people here have swapped them successfully, one of them would know.

I thought only the Pontiac and the Buick had the superchargers in 95. In either case though, the 3800 was the Buick designed GM engine and all the Divisions used them in 95. If there is one in that Olds it is probably a transplant.