Here is a 1933 Chevy coupe that an Amish gentleman made. His name is Robert Boop. A friend, Bob Caughie from Pennsylvania visited me and brought it. I thought that it is very detailed compared to a lot of wooden art out there. I keep it on my mantle.

post-37352-143138044703_thumb.jpg

That's a nice piece of craftsmanship for sure. I've seen some very well done examples of wooden car art lately. Surely they are worth including in any serious collection of automobilia. They have been around a long time though. I've got a few examples of them in my collection done as smokers desk sets. Here is one found a few years ago at Hershey.

post-30751-143138045246_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am an Origami Artist and am interested in paper and/or wooden models of classic cars (toy size or a bit larger). Can you tell me how much each of these models cost and where they might be purchased? Also what are the approximate lengths of the models?

Thanks -

Firstfold

The 1933 Chevrolet model is 8 3/4" long from bumper to bumper. It is 3 1/2" wide and is 3 3/4" tall. As earlier mentioned, it was purchased in Pennsylvania from some Amish carver (don't know exactly where).

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest robinson

Its really very nice wooden art.Its amazing. I like the both art .Its really very attractive.can you tell which type of wooden have used and What is the price of this type of wooden art.I want also purchase thsi type of wooden art.

• 2 years later...
I am an Origami Artist and am interested in paper and/or wooden models of classic cars (toy size or a bit larger). Can you tell me how much each of these models cost and where they might be purchased? Also what are the approximate lengths of the models?

Thanks -

Firstfold

You may be interested in these two articles I posted a while back.

This link has tons of other models you can make by going from the link at the bottom: Moto Arigato: Papercraft 500K for Those Long Winter Nights

This one has a pretty spectacular Audi: Moto Arigato: Audi A7 Rendered In Paper

I made an XB-70 Valkyrie model as a kid (ok, I watched as my dad glued it together) that was so amazing, but I haven't done one since. We picked it up at WPAFB Air Force Museum in Dayton and it's a memory I will always have tho thankfully my father is still around.

The quality of wooden models varies greatly and in recent years I've noticed in places like those little tourist towns that the old style of local craftsmen building them a few each month has been overtaken by mass produced, poor quality versions made in India or China by the thousands. You can spot them a mile away with glue spurting out, rough edges, and no crash test certifications. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Hockridge

Really awesome I love the first one very much.I am very much interested in all these because I have born and bought by seeing this art because My grand pa and my Dad both are experts in this Art they tried to teach me but I am not interested so left this profession because we have nothing but debts in doing all the wooden arts so I have decided software industry would help us to get settle in our life and we are.

Car Performance Chip