A nice little shindig

Guest Merchant Xpress

Guest Merchant Xpress

We got a call the other night from a gentleman who got our name through the DB club. The man introduced himself as Bill Leuer and he invited us to a shindig he was holding at his home this Saturday. It was a little bit of a cruise in from the looks of the cars parked in front of his place but it was also just a good get together of people interested in DB's, Bill has a pretty good collection and many of his friends brought their cars to display them. His property is a small version of what Knotts Berry farm and Calico Ghost towns used to be. A little narrow guage railway running around his property and a blacksmith shop and saloon and other related buildings filled with antiques. There were so many people wandering around I never figured out who our host was but I sure do appreciate him inviting us to his place.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

Yeah, I thought about that after I left the camera in my truck. I guess I had a big case of DUH today. Next year if I'm invited back I will drive the DB to his meet. There were way to many Fords parked in front of his place.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

Warren, great pictures, that man has some collection doesn't he? The funny thing is many of the things he had in his buildings I have in my garage, lanterns and kerosene heaters, in the building across from the saloon was a Franklin stove exactly like the one we use to heat our den. Did you ride on the FWD truck? I liked the DB army personel carrier with the fifty caliber machine gun on the turret. I was just reading an article about setting up an air system like he had to simulate the firing, pretty cool.

Harry

Guest baldwin

By the time I was able to reel my tongue back in my mouth, they were pretty much done with the fwd truck so I did not see much of that. It is unbelievable the collection he has there. It was a really fun day. Cant wait for next year!!!!!!

Guest Merchant Xpress

The owner of the property also hosts antique truck association meetings at his place from what I understand and the my friend tells me he attended a meeting at the mans place a few years back when the California Rental Association rented his place for a dinner meeting. It's good to see his hobby and collection brings a little return to him. I'm hoping he hosts a DB meeting so I can go again and meet him.

Harry

Guest Merchant Xpress

I look forward to meeting him someday. It seems like anyone who puts that much effort into someplace to entertain people might be a lot of fun to know. That and he has a pretty good collection of DB cars.

Harry