FS 1915 Buick model C-25

bubba

I found this car on Craigslist. I spoke to the owner and it is

supposed to be an original unrestored car that hasn't been run in a few years. It is located in southern New Jersey. Price is $15,000 and I've posted three pictures. The engine turns with the crank.

I have no connection with the car but I hope that one of you buys it before I end up with it. I'd like to say I'm out of garage space but somehow there's always room for one more Buick. There's three in there now and I just cleared enough space to walk around two of them.

Call Bob at 609-314-2423

post-30973-143138034957_thumb.jpg

post-30973-14313803496_thumb.jpg

post-30973-143138034963_thumb.jpg

oh, that is so tempting... but my wife is sitting beside me and I may be paranoid, but I think she has started to monitor my car viewing activities.

My problem has become space too.

Guest imported_Thriller

ROFL...C wouldn't do anything drastic now, would she John? laugh.gif

That would be neat to have, but alas I have no space...and when I get a Buick from the teens, I hope to be able to procure a truck.

Mark,

If I end up going to see it, I'll take lots of pictures. What's the procedure for starting up a car with a leather cone clutch that's been sitting for five or so years? I've heard that you put some neats foot oil on it through the access plate to soften it up. I never had a car this old. My oldest is a 25-45, the little brother to your pick up.

Bubba,

Neatsfoot oil only works if you can get it between the leather and the flywheel. When it is stuck, it just won't work.

If the owner knew to keep the clutch depressed with a stick, it should not be stuck to the flywheel. However, if it is, you will need to start by gently rocking the car with the clutch depressed to "break it loose". But there are several other things to check before you do this.

Brakes come to mind first, then lubrication of the engine, rear end, tranny, etc.

Mark,

The owner had a few cars and I believe that he was a mechanic so the cars were taken care of. I don't know if the clutch was kept depressed with a stick or if it's even stuck. He drove the car in local parades. The new owner will have the thrill of starting it up from it's "nap".