counter sink for brake rivets

Jan, how about one of the spotweld cutters. They are flatbottomed and have a pilot in the center like I think you would need. Also check out "counterbores" in either MSC or McMaster-Carr's online catelog. Counterbores are made for differant sized Allen screws, have a pilot to center them. I couldn't get the Dykes link to work. What are the dimensions of your rivets?

for some reason you have to copy the link to your browser. I will check the diameter of the rivet and also a spot weld cutter. I never thought of that. I will also check my McMasters catalog. I know that they do not have a counter sink like I need. I will also check out dewalt. I had about a dozen in a can but they all floated away and some archeoligist will find them 100 years from now and wonder what they are.

Have a nice weekend.

Jan

Well here is where I stand so far. I looked at countersink cutters and they may work if I can find one. In the meantime I borrowed a spot weld remover and it is the wrong diameter and it tends to tear the liming. I tried a brad point bit and it is not flat on the bottom. I tried a spad bit with the same problem. Tonight I am going to try and grind the cornors off the spade bit and make it flat also try to grind a regular twist bit flat and use it. If that will make a flat bottom hole then it will be a two step process. Use the spade bit to make the initial hole and then the modified bit to remove material. I love the challenge.

Jan

I have the rivet set and I just order some parts for my T last week from them. For some reason the Model A has a smaller head on the rivet. When DB1926 posted his comment i went to the barn and pulled a wheel to measure the head. If snyder will just sell the contersink then I can use my drill that is flattened on the end to open up the hole. Thanks for the information as I never read the full description in the catlog and it does not show a picture of what is included. I really appreciate everyones help.

Jan