Whitewall Tires

John White

I have always liked the looks of whitewall tires, all the way back to my first car which was a '48 Olds that I put port-a-walls on. I searched through all the pictures of Reattas I could find to see how they would look, but never found any. So, I had a set put on and I'm posting a couple of pictures in case there is someone else out there interested in seeing how they look. This is my first try at posting a picture, so I hope it works.

post-55536-143138029933_thumb.jpg

post-55536-143138029951_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I too had used the port-a-walls on a

1958 Chevy(in 1959)and haven't given whitewall tires much

of a thought until now. I like...! Next time around, if I

find an acceptable brand,I will follow your lead!

I'm curious, what color is your interior?

Regards

matthewlawe

89 White/Blue

Guest jcc3inc

John,

A good way to make your pix a more reasonable size is to use the Microsoft "Image Resizer Powertoy". I have used it when submitting pix for printout on forums like this one.

Regards,

Jack C.

Guest spamseptictank

I, too, have wondered what a Reatta would look like with WW tires. Although I was thinking more along the lines of these:

http://www.whitewallcandystore.com/Specs.asp

I think that it would depend on the color of the car more than anything else. Black would be good I think. Otherwise I think I might go with the BFG Radial T/A (raised white letters).

But that's for a later time (after the tranny gets replaced... Was trying for Christmas but had to replace intake manifold gasket on my wife's 97 Firebird. Maybe Easter?)

Grace and Peace,

Dave

I can't understand why white sidewalls went out of style; they always add to the vehicle's appearance. I was looking to buy some plain WSWs when I came across raised white letter Winston tires and bought those instead. They get lots of comments. Unfortunately the brand is now defunct, but when re-shoe time comes I'll buy WSWs again.