What is this

oldeekar

I have just picked up a new project that I was told over the phone was a 1914 Model T. When I went to check it out what I found was a older Wagonette with a removable rear seat in the bed. It is right hand drive car with a complete 1914 drive train instaled including the hood, rad and hood former.It has a massave brass Windshield that ratchets and two brake levers in brass on the right side.The rad that came with the car is marked Multitube " loyal" 204 Rue St Maur Paris any ideas .<BR> modelt_oldeekar.jpg <P>[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: peterg ]<p>[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: peterg ]

All really old cars are Model Ts wink.gif" border="0 All moderately old cars are Model As. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>It ain't Model T based, not with that right hand drive. Is it by any chance chain drive? Can you post a picture? ~ hvs<p>[ 09-09-2001: Message edited by: hvs ]

If it is right hand drive, it isn't a Model T, at least not one produced for sale in the US. Can anyone tell me if Henry produced right hand drive Ts for export to drive left countries? Those 2 brass levers aren't very Model T ish either. ~ hvs

hvs, Yes there were Ford Ts with right hand drive. Found one in a museum in Victoria, BC. Confused me, not so much that it was right hand drive, but why in Canada where driving is on the right side not the left side. The museum staff was uncertain regarding the origin of the car, but finally concluded that it was probably imported from England by one of the King's subjects. It was an early brass model, 1912 I believe.

There was a right hand drive Model T from England that particpated in last summer's Texas to Alaska tour.<P>In any case, the car pictured has something totally un-Ford like: The front suspension shows a conventional fore-aft set of springs. So the frame is not Ford. I have no idea what it is though...

I have no idea what is pictured here, but I can add a little to the right hand drive in question. From what I have learned and read in the past, the only right hand drive Model T's were some of the one's built in Canada. They were built for certain provinces within Canada and for exporting to Britain and Australia. I may have some info here on this and if I can find it I'll post it.<P>I'm curious to find out what this vehicle pictured here is all about. Interesting!<P>Rick