headlights needed

wenthur

Any headlights will work I am setting this tanker truck up to use, It will not be restored but just fixed up to working condition. Any help would be appreciated. My address is

Mike Wenthur

1211 Fitgerald Lane

Hanford, Calif. 93230.

Will be glad to pay shipping and whatever to get a this truck on the road.

I have sets of original 29/30 Dodge auto headlighs and I thought that you were trying to go original, but since that is not the case than it should be easy enough to find a matching pair of any sort of light on e-bay. There are so many repro early lights avail as I am sure you know also. Rick are you looking for a pair of lights or were you offering Mike a set? I have some sets that I cannot identify, if you would like to send me a picture of what you are looking for than I will compare with what I have, chances are I cannot help but you never know.

original lights would be great, I just didn't know if I could find any, how about giving me a price for a good set, and I will ask my wife for a Christmas present. When I said I was not going to restore. I meant I just want the truck not so perfect that I would be afraid to drive it around on a regular basis.

Without knowing wether or not auto and truck are the same (and I myself do not have a parts book for your truck to verify)I would not know what was original for your truck. To make it sticky Dodge auto( DA ) at least used two different style headlight bowls/lenses for the 29/30 production run, they started out early with the depress beam and then went to the Two Lite style and then went back to depress beam, the lenses and the bowls are clearly marked, I have persoanlly found the Two-Lite style more difficult to find. There are specific months or production #s that I cannot remember off the top of my head that can be referanced. I do have as mentioned other sets of lighst though that are very similar and are in very nice shape and if you would like to e-mail me I can send you some pictures. I keep records of everthing I paid and will only ask what I give plus the shipping My e-mail is jhason2@yahoo.com

Mike,just give me a day or so to see what I have, I have a pair in mind but have to figure out what I did with them. And you definately could find original if you wanted to spend the time and effort but it would take alot of both. When I bought my car a few years ago I heard from alot of people dont even bother looking for that it would be impossible to find, well they were wrong as I Have found mostly everything ( not everything ) for my car and I have had alot of fun in the process but its all on what your into I guess.I only add that last part because I hear alot of people crying that they they rod cars versus restore because parts are unavailable, that is untrue.