1933 Taillights

Guest Z71Hobbs

Guest Z71Hobbs

Looking for tail lenses for my 1933 1001 (Standard 8) sedan.

I also am in search of the license plate lens.

In addition, I am searching for the light bulb socket assemblies for both passenger side and driver's side.

I have been informed that a 902 lens/housing will also work, but trying to find some nos or originals.

Some information would be...

Stimsonite

Hall No. 13719

L.L. Co. 1507

About 3 3/4" diameter. See attached photos

Edited by Z71Hobbs (11/18/08 10:11 PM)

post-58840-143138020458_thumb.jpg

post-58840-143138020471_thumb.jpg

post-58840-143138020482_thumb.jpg

post-58840-143138020494_thumb.jpg

Guest 1928Packard526

Z71Hobbs —

If you are a little adventuresome, you can cast your own if you have at least the pieces of a the correct lenses. I have cast replacement lenses for my '28 526 and a trunk lite on my '29 Lincoln. "Skinned Knuckles" had several articles describing the process in the early eighties, I believe. I followed their "recipe" and it worked quite well. So well that several people I have challenged to point out the plastic replacement couldn't do it until they actually touched the lens. Glass feels colder.

Craft stores have all the materials you will need, including a red dye to make the stop light lens.

If you are interested in pursuing this, email me at: pflaumer1@earthlink.com and I will dig for the original articles by Bill Cannon.

Regards,

Pete P.

Guest 1928Packard526

There is a gentleman offering his services in reproducing auto lenses on the "Lincoln & Zephyr" thread of this forum. He invites inquiries at his email address.

kc_lee@cox.net

You might check him out if you have a good example of what is needed.

Pete P.

Guest Z71Hobbs

Ok...Found almost everything I need. Except for the darn lenses.

I am really hoping that somebody somewhere has seen these, or has a box of old parts that they have not looked through in a while.

The 1932 Lenses, while not entirely incorrect nor correct, are full fluted.

There are two pictures attached to show the differences.

The first picture is the 1933 lense, and the second picture is the 1932 lense.

post-58840-143138022921_thumb.jpg

post-58840-143138022932_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superods

Ex-Birdman... AKA CADDYMAN... shhh. Did you not see my request for two complete sets of either 33 or 34 rear lights for my second chance bodies ? Besides I am going over to see the man Firday morning to buy what he has that I need for them. He has other parts...lives just an hour from me. And I do have one 1933 complete rear light set off the sedan I bought out in California this summer. If the guy wants the real lenses he can send me repros and buy your steering wheel and send it to me and will send him two lenses. Is that fair Birdman? Heck you do not want that much for that steering wheel do you ???