Have I mentioned lately the awesomeness that is BBC's "Top Gear"

Matt Harwood

I haven't watched "Top Gear" for a long time and started recording it and catching up a few weeks ago. Holy crap is it funny, brilliant, creative, beautifully shot and perfectly produced. It must cost a fortune to make each episode and it's worth every shilling, whatever it is. For Pete's sake, they wadded up an $800K Koniggsegg and didn't even flinch. They turned regular cars into boats which (predictably and spectacularly) sank. They drove a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow into a swimming pool at the pool's grand opening, then got out and walked away leaving stunned onlookers. They race cars against things like cruise ships, rocket-powered kyaks, marathoners and guys jumping out of airplanes. They nonchalantly set camping trailers on fire cooking dinner. It's rare for me to watch and not laugh myself into tears while simultaneously being amazed by the hardware. Gold, Jerry, <span style="font-style: italic">gold!</span>

Some highlights:

<span style="font-style: italic">Richard and James try and turn a Reliant Robin into a reusable space shuttle by launching it into the air with rockets and then safely returning it to the ground.

Jemery has a train at about 75 MPH crash into a Renault Espace parked on the tracks.

Richard, Jeremy, and James attempt to prove that repaving a road shouldn’t take so long by repaving a road in just 24 hours.

Jeremy redesigns the interior of a older Mercedes S Class to his liking, complete with a concrete floor.</span>

Even my wife, who has 0 tolerance for, and less interest in, car shows, eagerly sits down to watch this one with me and giggles her head off. If you're not watching it, you're missing what may be <span style="font-style: italic">the best car guy show ever made.</span> Hyperbole? I think not.

Watch it, you fool!

On everyday on BBC America at 5 pm ET.

I like the one that will be on tomorrow

James and Richard spend the night as “scootermen,” men who provide the service of driving people home in their own cars after they’ve had too much to drink. They test drive a number of cars, with the car’s drunk owner sitting by their side.Season 6 Ep. 9

Without any doubts, TG is the best car show ever done. Be sure to watch the episode where they try to destroy a Toyota Hilux truck. Drowned it in the salty surf, set it on fire, hit it with a wrecking ball and then placed it on top of a 15 story building that was imploded. Still runs and drives! (not well, but it did) You can see this truck on a platform in the background of newer shows.

They also used a Toybota truck with a Honda outboard on the tailgate to cross the english channel. The one episode where they made amphibious cars (minivan, Toyota truck and a Triumph Herald) was great. Jeremy and his "Toybota" made it withing feet of the finish before capsizing. The triumph Herald never sank, it had a mast installed and sailed in to win. Oddly, the herald is the engines that were used in our Amphicars. The van never had a chance!