WTB 1933 Packard Door Handle Escutcheons

Guest Z71Hobbs

Guest Z71Hobbs

Looking to find a couple of exterior door handle escutcheon plates for a 1933 Packard 1001. Have not been able to find anyone reproducing them (or much of anything for this blasted car!!) Didn't see anything on the hirsch or merritt site.

post-58840-143138013042_thumb.jpg

I believe these, a well as the handles, were among the dozens of such parts reproduced in bronze back in the 60s or 70s for early 30s Packards by Art Brummer. When that enterprise was dissolved, some of the molds went up to Chris Charlton in Maine, others probably went elsewhere or just plain disappeared. You might ask some of the premier restoration shops specializing in this era of Packard about where they source them from. Another option, though less desireable due to shrinkage, is to get them cast in stainless steel by Jerry (or is it Gerry) Verdone. He may even already have them, he always has quite an assortment of finished similar parts at Hershey.

Guest Z71Hobbs

WOW!!! Thank you All Very much for the quick responses, ideas, and edited picture. I purchased this car from my father who purchased it in 1975. Hopefully you all will obtain a chance to see mine in the near future (pending on the Mrs. of course!)

As far as Don Sommers or Gerry Verdone, I hadn't thought about contacting them yet. I am really hoping to find someone who can CNC machine them, thus eliminating the shrinkage. My handles from what I can tell are in good shape, just need to be re-chromed.

Dave Mitchell...all of mine are non-locking. But if locking was an option on the 33 1001, I may be interested in that conversion.

Owen Dyneto...haven't really been able to locate a decent restoration shop that has done a few of mine. I am hoping to find one that has maybe made the molds for the window rubber seals for all of the windows. Apparently nobody has undertaken that effort yet.

But anyways...I am rambling. I will admit that i am fairly new to the packard hobby, and am still learning how interesting this project will be!!

P.S. Also looking for 33 rear lenses, I have the bezel/housing.

I have attached a picture of my nemesis.

post-58840-143138013129_thumb.jpg

Z71Hobbs,

Here is another useful site. That is if you haven't found it already. If you are willing can you fill out the owner registry over there. What they are trying to do is to keep record of how many of our beloved Packards are left out there. Thanks

http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/article/index.php?

Guest Z71Hobbs

Speedster....Actually the paint job is really really old/bad/not correct. Someone several years before used a paint brush and some left over house paint. It will be stripped. The painting did preserve the car considerably though.

Packin31...I have been keeping up with the Roster Keeper...Bruce Blevins in my case. But I appreciate the info!

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Z71Hobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Someone several years before used a paint brush and some left over house paint. </div></div>

Now that's what we call 'Givin' it Character'! laugh.gif

You will find that the door handles and escutcheons are the same as the '32 900. I can likely supply you with an original escutcheon if you have not already found one. As far as I know a locking door handle on the passenger side was standard, not optional. We have a '33 1001 sedan parts car.