Buick Reatta Sign

NEW1966

Are there any other Reatta Show Room Signs other than this one?

If so, I would like to see pictures of any other ones if anyone has any.

I just found this one miles from home at a closed GM Dealer. They told me it was very rare.

I thought some Buick people would enjoy seeing it.

GT Rfd, Ill.

BCA #11974

post-31030-14313800377_thumb.jpg

Hi, Greg....greetings to you. I too have this same Reatta illuminated sign on my hobby room wall. I have seen this sign on eBay periodically, so I don't know how "rare" it is. I'm not sure, but something is nagging at the back of my memory that there is also a convertible Reatta version of this sign. Again, not certain, but I wanted to throw that out. It will be fun to see what other posters can add. Best, John in Wisconsin

Attached is a 36" round Reatta "R" showroom sign.

Theses are much harder to find in good condition.

The outer ring is clear acrylic etched with Reatta, behind the center "R" is a floresent bulb that lights the center and also put the light into the outer clear ring.

Go to the post on the Reatta discussion for more Reatta showroom signs.

post-30596-143138003887_thumb.jpg

Hi 39 Century John! So, you have one of these signs too! I am not surprised. You said you have seen these on eBay. How much did they sell for? I paid quite a bit for mine. It has been stored warm & dry in a box for years and is in Mint Condition! Might sell it IF the price is right. GT Rfd, Ill.

BCA #11974

• 11 months later...
Guest Lisa Courtney

Hi Barney,

I have one of those signs too. Yours is the only other I have seen beside mine up till now. I paid a little over $ 900.00 with shipping.

Guest Buicklover

I have one of the numbered Reatta cutaway pictures we had for the show in Flint. It is a numbered picture....# 18 of 100 by a Dan K (can't really figure out his last name spelling). Very interesting piece of art. It is a red coupe with tan leather interior, with grey matte & a black frame. It has been hanging in my garage for several years. Does anyone have an idea what it might be worth to a Reatta collector?

Thanks,

The Kimble were done in two sizes and the smaller one is pretty common.

I have a 16 X 24 (unnumbered) on my office wall and the smaller one (which I think is 12 X 16) in the workshop.

The small ones show up on Ebay on a regular basis but I have not tracked prices.

Kimble did several different cars for GM and other companies and his cutaways also appear in auto magazines.

• 1 year later...

Hi Barney,

I was just checking out Reatta signage and was directed to our forum. I have one of these signs that a good friend rescued from the front of a home in the Philadelphia area on the weekly trash pickup pile! Very good condition.

I also have the lighted version of the showroom sign noted above. It shows the red convertible. My Reatta is the black/black/grey with no stripe. We haven't been to a National for several years, too much to do, so little time to do it in...

Chuck & Cathy